A renewable source of energy, biomass is mainly obtained from organic matter such as plant and animal waste. It is further converted into a combustible gas mixture through the process of biomass gasification. The energy released through the process can be used for cooking food, generating electricity, heating and transportation. Biomass offers a viable alternative to coal-based power generation. Due to rising environmental concerns and increasing green-house gas emissions, companies are now turning towards environment-friendly energy sources. Consequently, the market for biomass has grown significantly faster than other energy sources. Moreover, government’s support through various policies and regulations along with abundant availability of biomass are some of the other factors that are currently driving this market. According to IMARC group, the global biomass electricity production has grown at a CAGR of around 8% during 2009-2015 reaching figures around 390 TWh in 2015.
IMARC’s latest study “Biomass Gasification Market: Industry Trends, Manufacturing Process, Machinery, Raw Materials, Cost and Revenue” has segmented the market on the basis of sources and major regions. Currently, solid biomass represents the biggest source of biomass electricity production followed by biogas, municipal waste and liquid biomass. Geographically, Europe holds the biggest market share followed by North America. The report has also analysed some of the key players operating in the global biomass gasification market which include Lahti Energia, Vaskiluodon Voima, Rudorsdorfer Zement, Essent, Electrabel (part of GDF Suez), Sodra Cell Varo Pulp Mill, Agnion Technologies, Corenso United, Skive Fjernvarme, Babcock and Wilcox Volund.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a biomass gasification plant. The study covers all the requisite aspects of the biomass gasification market and provides an in-depth analysis of the industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the biomass gasification market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report?
- What are the key success and risk factors in the biomass gasification industry?
- How has the biomass gasification market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the structure of the biomass gasification industry and who are the key players?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a biomass gasification plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a biomass gasification plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a biomass gasification plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a biomass gasification plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a biomass gasification plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a biomass gasification plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a biomass gasification plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a biomass gasification plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a biomass gasification plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a biomass gasification plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?