Cement or Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC) is a grey coloured inorganic substance with excellent hydraulic binding properties. Being a finely ground combination of minerals, it results in a rock-like substance when mixed with water, sand, gravel, etc. Today, cement represents a vital commodity for the fast-growing economies. It is widely used in the production of concrete, which is a key building material for mass constructions such as civil works, dwellings and industrial estates. According to IMARC Group, the global cement market reached a volume of 4.5 Billion Tons in 2015, growing at a CAGR of around 7% during 2008–2015. As cement manufacturing is an energy‐intensive process and becomes uneconomical if transported over long distances, most of the countries now have their own production units and only a limited quantity of cement is currently being traded in the global market. Factors such as increasing urbanization and industrialization are currently fuelling the growth of the global cement market. The report finds that a continuously rising global population coupled with an increase in the number of nuclear families are resulting in a huge demand for shelter and infrastructure, thereby strengthening the global demand for cement.
IMARC’s latest study “Cement Market – Industry Trends, Manufacturing Process, Plant Setup, Machinery, Raw Materials, Cost and Revenue” has provided a detailed insight into the global cement market. The report has segmented the market on the basis of major regions. China currently dominates the global cement market accounting for the majority of the total global consumption. China is followed by India, the United States, Brazil, Iran, Vietnam, Russia and Turkey. The report has also covered some of the major players operating in this market. China National Building Materials (CNBM) currently represents the world’s largest player followed by Lafarge Holcim, Anhui Conch, Jidong Development and Heidelberg Cement.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a cement manufacturing plant. The study covers all the requisite aspects of the cement industry and provides an in-depth analysis of the market, industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the cement industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report?
• What are the key success and risk factors in the cement industry?
• How has the cement market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
• What is the structure of the cement industry and who are the key players?
• What are the various unit operations involved in a cement plant?
• What is the total size of land required for setting up a cement plant?
• What are the machinery requirements for setting up a cement plant?
• What are the raw material requirements and composition for setting up a cement plant?
• What are the utility requirements for setting up a cement plant?
• What are the manpower requirements for setting up a cement plant?
• What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a cement plant?
• What are the capital costs for setting up a cement plant?
• What are the operating costs for setting up a cement plant?
• What should be the pricing mechanism of cement?
• What will be the income and expenditures for a cement plant?
• What is the time required to break-even?