Cheese production dates back to ancient times and almost every region in the world has its distinct process of making cheese. The flavour and texture of cheese depends on a number of factors like country of origin, milk used for production, fat content, process, bacteria, aging, etc. Cheese is one of the most commonly consumed dairy products in developed countries as it can be consumed on its own and is also used as a basic ingredient to make a number of food items. Although its penetration in developing countries remains low, it is now being used as commonly as butter and ghee in most of the urban areas. According to IMARC Group, the global cheese market reached a volume of around 19.1 Million Tons in 2016, growing at a CAGR of around 2.1% during 2009-2016. Some of the major factors driving this market include growing population, changing tastes, trends of experimentation in the food industry and westernisation of traditional foods.
IMARC Group’s latest study “Cheese Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2017-2022” has segmented the global cheese market according to region. The European Union currently represents the largest producer of cheese accounting for almost half of the total global production. The European Union is followed by North America, Latin America, Europe (excluding European Union), Oceania and Asia. The report has also analysed the market on the basis of cheese type and has found that Cheddar Cheese currently represents the largest category. Cheddar Cheese is followed by Mozzarella and Semi Soft Cheeses. The competitive landscape of the global cheese market has also been analysed in this report with some of the key players in this market being - Lactalis Group, Fonterra, Friesl and Campina, Dairy Farmers of America, Arla Foods, Bongrain SA, Land O’Lakes, Hilmar Cheese Company and Molkerei Ammerland.
The report provides a detailed roadmap for setting up a Cheese manufacturing plant. The study, which has been done by one of the world’s leading research and advisory firms, covers all the essential aspects of the cheese industry. This ranges from a comprehensive view of the global cheese market to minute details of the industry performance, processing & manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the cheese industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the cheese market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global cheese industry?
- What are the price trends of cheese?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the cheese industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the cheese industry?
- What is the structure of the cheese industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the cheese industry?
- What are the profit margins in the cheese industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up cheese manufacturing plant?
- How is cheese manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in cheese plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up cheese plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up cheese plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up cheese plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for cheese?
- What are the transportation requirements for cheese?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up cheese plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up cheese plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up cheese plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up cheese plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up cheese plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for cheese plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?