Copper sulphate is a chemical compound which is produced commercially by reacting copper with sulphuric acid. This salt exists as a series of compounds which differ in their degree of hydration. The anhydrous form is a pale green or gray-white powder, whereas the pentahydrate (CuSO4·5H2O) is a bright blue salt. It is also known as bluestone or blue vitriol. The appearance of copper sulphate also varies. Generally it appears in a crystalline form which is bright blue to green; one common form of copper sulphate is the mineral chalcanthite, which appears in many arid regions of the world. Copper sulphate is highly soluble and dissolves readily in a wide range of materials. Many commercial producers convert their copper sulphate in the powdered form before sale to make it easier to handle and to mix with other materials.
Agriculture applications currently account for the majority of the global copper sulphate market. In agriculture, copper sulphate is widely used as a micronutrient in animal feeds and fertilizers. Its fungicidal properties are also utilized in the cultivation of grapes and tree fruits (Bordeaux Mixture) and in animal hoof health applications. Apart from agriculture, copper sulphate is also used in a number of other industries. It is used as an electrolyte in copper refining and electroplating. The mining industry employs it as an activator in the concentration of certain ores by froth flotation process. The building trade uses copper sulphate in combination with other chemicals as a wood preservative. Our estimates expect the global volume demand of copper sulphate to grow at a CAGR of around 4% during the next five years.
IMARC’s new TMMR “Copper Sulphate Market – Industry Trends, Prices, Manufacturing Process, Applications, Raw Materials, Manufacturers, Regional Breakup and Mass Balance” provides a technical, analytical and statistical insight into the copper sulphate market. The market analysis includes volume trends, value trends, price trends, key players, market breakup by region, market breakup by end-use industries, key success factors, key risk factors, feedstock market trends, import trends, export trends, etc. Apart from the market analysis, the report also provides an exhaustive technical insight on copper sulphate. This includes chemical information, manufacturing process, chemical reactions involved, raw material requirements, mass balance, conversion rate of feedstocks, etc. The study, which is based both on desk research and multiple waves of qualitative primary research, is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the copper sulphate industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
• What has been the historical and current volume trends in the copper sulphate market?
• What has been the historical and current value trends in the copper sulphate market?
• What has been the historical and current price trends in the copper sulphate market?
• Which are the key regions in the copper sulphate market and what is their breakup?
• Which are the key end-use industries for copper sulphate and what is their breakup?
• What is the outlook of the copper sulphate market?
• What are the key success factors in the copper sulphate market?
• What are the key risk factors in the copper sulphate market?
• Who are the key manufacturers in the copper sulphate market?
• How is copper sulphate manufactured?
• What are the chemical reactions involved during the manufacturing of copper sulphate?
• What are the raw material requirements during the manufacturing of copper sulphate?
• What is the mass balance and conversion rate of feedstock’s during the manufacturing of copper sulphate?
• What is the supply demand of various feedstocks’ that are used in the manufacturing of copper sulphate?
• Who are the key manufacturers of copper sulphate feedstocks?
• What are the import trends of copper sulphate?
• What are the export trends of copper sulphate?