After cellulose, starch is the most abundant carbohydrate in nature. It is present in seeds, roots and tubers of higher plants for energy storage. Starch can be extracted from a wide variety of agricultural products. These include - corn, cassava, wheat and potato and in a lesser amount from rice, barley, sorghum, sago, etc. Corn currently represents the most popular feedstock accounting for around 80% of the total global starch production.
Corn starch is obtained from the endosperm of the corn kernel and has wide applications as a food ingredient, sweeteners, ethanol, paper making, etc. In 2015, the global corn starch market reached 66 Million Tons growing at a CAGR of 3.6% during 2008-2015. The United States is currently the biggest producer of corn starch followed by China and Europe union. The top 5 players currently account for around one third of the total corn starch produced worldwide. Some of the key manufacturers of corn starch include Cargill, Ingredion, ADM, Tate & Lyle, Roquette etc. Looking forward, we expect the global corn starch market to grow at a CAGR of around 3% during the next five years.
IMARC’s latest study “Corn Starch Market - Industry Trends, Manufacturing Process, Plant Setup, Machinery, Raw Materials, Cost and Revenue” provides a techno-commercial roadmap for setting up a corn starch manufacturing plant. The study, which has been done by one of the world’s leading research and advisory firms, covers all the requisite aspects of the corn starch market. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the corn starch market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report?
- What are the key success and risk factors in the corn starch industry?
- How has the corn starch market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the structure of the corn starch industry and who are the key players?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a corn starch plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a corn starch plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a corn starch plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a corn starch plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a corn starch plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a corn starch plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a corn starch plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a corn starch plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a corn starch plant?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of corn starch?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a corn starch plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?