Originated from West-Africa, palm oil currently represents one of the world’s most popular and economical edible oil. It is extracted from the fruits of the oil palm tree, which is one of the most efficient oilseed crops that can produce ten times more oil than many other oilseed crops. Unlike most other vegetable oils, palm oil is naturally semi-solid and does not require hydrogenation to achieve a solid state. This characteristic makes it ideal for baked and packaged goods and gives it an advantage over vegetable oils made-up of soybean and rapeseed that require hydrogenation to solidify them. Due to its balanced and unique chemical composition of saturated and unsaturated fatty acids, palm oil finds its highest consumption in the food industry. The demand of palm oil is encouraged by some of the factors such as growing demand in diverse end-use industries, change in customer preferences and government initiatives to curb trans-fat consumption. According to IMARC Group, the global palm oil market reached a volume of 64 Million Tons in 2015, growing at a CAGR of around 7% during 2008-2015.
IMARC’s latest study “Palm Oil Market – Industry Trends, Manufacturing Process, Plant Setup, Machinery, Raw Materials, Cost and Revenue” provides a detailed insight into the global palm oil market. The report has segmented the market on the basis of applications and regions. The food sector currently accounts for the majority of the total palm oil consumption. The food sector is followed by the consumer products and the energy sector. Country-wise, Indonesia currently represents the largest producer of palm oil accounting for nearly half of the total global production. Indonesia is closely followed by Malaysia.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a palm oil processing plant. The study covers all the requisite aspects of the palm oil industry and provides an in-depth analysis of the market, industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the palm oil industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report?
- What are the key success and risk factors in the palm oil industry?
- How has the palm oil market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the structure of the palm oil industry and who are the key players?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a palm oil plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a palm oil plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a palm oil plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a palm oil plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a palm oil plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a palm oil plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a palm oil plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a palm oil plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a palm oil plant?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of palm oil?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a palm oil plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?