Sugar is used all over the world to sweeten food and beverages, preserve jams and jellies, ferment yeast, and enhance the colour and flavour of baked goods. Although, sugar is present in all fruits and vegetables, it is commercially produced from sugar cane or beet. Different methods are used to derive various types of sugar. The most commercially produced sugar is white granulated sugar. Other types include brown, candy, liquid and cubed sugar. According to IMARC Group, the global sugar market has grown at a CAGR of around 2% during 2009-2016 with consumption volumes reaching 176 Million Tons in 2016. Several factors like rising population, growth of the food and beverage industry, increasing incomes and expanding applications are expected to drive the growth of the global sugar market.
IMARC’s latest study “Sugar Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2017-2022” segments the global sugar market regionally. Brazil currently dominates this market accounting for around a fifth of the total global production in 2015. Brazil was followed by India, European Union, China, and Thailand. On the basis of consumption, India currently represents the world’s biggest consumer of sugar followed by the European Union, China, Brazil, USA and Indonesia. The report also analyses the key players in the global sugar market which include Sudzucker AG, Tereos, Cosan, Mitr Phol Sugar Corporation. Ltd., Associated British Foods, Nordzucker AG, Biosev (Louis-Dreyfus), Wilmar International Limited and Thai Roong Ruang Group.
The report provides a detailed roadmap for setting up a sugar manufacturing plant. The study, done by one of the world’s leading research and advisory firms, covers all the essential aspects of the global sugar market. This ranges from a comprehensive view of the market to minute details of the industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists and all those who are planning to foray into the sugar market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the sugar market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global sugar industry?
- What are the price trends of sugar?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the sugar industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the sugar industry?
- What is the structure of the sugar industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the sugar industry?
- What are the profit margins in the sugar industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a sugar manufacturing plant?
- How are sugar manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a sugar plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a sugar plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a sugar plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a sugar plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for sugar?
- What are the transportation requirements for sugar?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a sugar plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a sugar plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a sugar plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a sugar plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a sugar plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a sugar plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?