Tea currently represents the world’s second most popular beverage after water. It is prepared by pouring hot or boiling water over cured tea leaves. The widely consumed varieties of tea are black, green, oolong, and white, out of which black tea accounts for more than 60% of the global tea production and consumption followed by green tea. Along with having various health benefits of drinking tea, the growth of Ready-to-Drink Teas, increased consumption in the Foodservice Segment, premiumisation, convenient packaging and innovation in marketing have been the key factors driving the growth of the global tea market. According to IMARC Group, the global tea market has grown at a CAGR of 4.6% during 2008-2015, reaching production volumes worth 5.4 Million Tons in 2015.
IMARC’s latest report “Tea Market – Industry Trends, Manufacturing Process, Plant Setup, Machinery, Raw Materials, Cost and Revenue” provides an overview of the global tea market on the basis of different tea types which include black, green, oolong and white tea. Further, the study provides a detailed analyses of the black tea market. Region wise, India is both the world’s largest producer and consumer of black tea. India is followed by the European Union, Russian Federation, China and Turkey. Being a competitive market it is controlled by a few key players. Some of the players analysed in the report are Unilever, Tata Tea, McLeod Russel, James Finlay and John Keells.
The report gives a detailed roadmap for setting up a Tea Processing Plant. The study, which has been done by one of the world’s pre-eminent research and advisory firms, covers all the essential aspects of the global tea market. This ranges from a comprehensive view of the tea market to minute details of the industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have or plan to have any kind of stake in the Tea market.
Key Questions Answered in This Report?
- What are the key success and risk factors in the Tea industry?
- How has the Tea market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the structure of the Tea industry and who are the key players?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a Tea Processing Plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a Tea Processing Plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a Tea Processing Plant?
- What are the raw material requirements and composition for setting up a Tea Processing Plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a Tea Processing Plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a Tea Processing Plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a Tea Processing Plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a Tea Processing Plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a Tea Processing Plant?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of Tea?
- What will be the incomes and expenditures for a Tea Processing Plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?