Vegetable oil is a natural oil that is extracted from the seeds, nuts and fruits of plants. It serves as a source of nutrients and industrial raw materials to mankind. Vegetable oil is today found in absolutely everything from food and household products, to make-up and cosmetics. In the food industry, vegetable oil is used as a cooking oil and as a constituent to margarine, shortening, non-dairy creamers and ice cream. It is also used in products where animal fats are deplorable on religious grounds. Moreover, the fatty acids derived from vegetable oil are also used in the production of cosmetics, bactericides and pharmaceuticals. Traditionally, the non-food uses of vegetable oil have been in the manufacturing of soaps, detergents as well as in the production of greases, lubricants and candles. Lately, the biofuel market has provided a significant non-food use for vegetable oil where it is considered as an alternative to mineral oil for use in power stations and as a feedstock for the production of biodiesel. As a result, the global vegetable oil market is growing at a healthy pace. Several other factors strengthening the demand for vegetable oil include population growth, improving living standards, changing dietary habits and an increasing demand particularly in emerging countries. According to IMARC Group, the global vegetable oil market has grown at a CAGR of around 4% during 2009-2016 with consumption volumes reaching 178 Million Tons in 2016.
IMARC’s latest study “Vegetable Oil (Palm Oil, Canola Oil, Coconut Oil and Soybean Oil) Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2017-2022” provides a detailed insight into the global vegetable oil market. The report has segmented the market on the basis of types, applications and major regions. The global vegetable oil market is largely dominated by palm oil contributing around 34% of the total vegetable oil consumed. Palm oil is followed by soybean oil, canola oil, sunflower seed oil and coconut oil. Based on applications, the majority of the total vegetable oil produced is consumed by the food industry. The food industry is followed by industrial Usage and the biofuel industry. Region-wise, Indonesia represents the largest producer of vegetable oil accounting for nearly one-fifth of the total global production. Indonesia is followed by China, Malaysia and the European Union. The report has also analysed some of the key players operating in the global vegetable oil market which include Cargil, ADM, Louis Dreyfus, Bunge and Wilmar.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a vegetable oil processing plant. The study covers all the requisite aspects of the vegetable oil market and provides an in-depth analysis of the industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the vegetable oil industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report?
- What are the key success and risk factors in the vegetable oil industry?
- How has the vegetable oil market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the structure of the vegetable oil industry and who are the key players?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a vegetable oil plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a vegetable oil plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a vegetable oil plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a vegetable oil plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a vegetable oil plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a vegetable oil plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a vegetable oil plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a vegetable oil plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a vegetable oil plant?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of vegetable oil?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a vegetable oil plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?