White cement is a white colored construction material with excellent aesthetic, decorative and hydraulic binding properties. It is as durable and strong as grey cement; however, it differs in its color and fineness. The metal oxides added during its manufacturing (primarily iron and manganese) influence its degree of whiteness. Thus, it serves as is a key ingredient in the production of architectural and decorative concrete that find applications in terrazzo tiles, paints, pavers, pre-fabricated products like artificial walls, tile adhesives, etc.
White cement is often used in combination with pigments to impart attractive color shades to concretes and mortars which is not possible with ordinary grey cement and results in dull colors. White cement based plasters are used for covering facades and swimming pools as they are highly durable and require lesser maintenance than painted surfaces. The uniformity and chemical purity of white cement is quite useful in some complex formulations of construction materials such as joint fillers, insulation and anchorage mortars, water tight coatings, etc. The ability of white concrete to be cast in any shape makes it ideal for sculptures, monuments and restoration of archeological sites. In prefabricated applications, its high compressive strength allows increased production speed and reduces costs by eliminating steam curing. The global demand of white cement is currently much lower than that of grey cement and currently accounts for less than 1% of the current global cement consumption. Its price and profit margins, however, are higher than grey cement. China currently represents both the world’s biggest producer and consumer of white cement. Cementir Holding S.p.A currently represents the world’s biggest white cement manufacturer. Other major players include Lafarge, Kuwait Cement Company, Royal El Minya Co., Cemex, etc.
IMARC’s latest study “White Cement Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2017-2022” provides a techno-commercial roadmap for setting up a white cement manufacturing plant. The study, which has been done by one of the world’s leading research and advisory firms, covers all the requisite aspects of the white cement market. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the white cement market in any manner.
The following are the key questions answered by this report:
- How has the white cement market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key application of white cement?
- What are the price trends of white cement?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the white cement industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the white cement industry?
- What is the structure of the white cement industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the white cement industry?
- What are the profit margins in the white cement industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a white cement manufacturing plant?
- How is white cement manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a white cement plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a white cement plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a white cement plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a white cement plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for white cement?
- What are the transportation requirements for white cement?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a white cement plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a white cement plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a white cement plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a white cement plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a white cement plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a white cement plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?