White cement is a white colored construction material with excellent aesthetic, decorative and hydraulic binding properties. It is as durable and strong as grey cement, however, it differs in its color and fineness. The metal oxides added during its manufacturing (primarily iron and manganese) influence its degree of whiteness. Thus, it serves as is a key ingredient in the production of architectural and decorative concrete that find applications in terrazzo tiles, paints, pavers, pre-fabricated products like artificial walls, tile adhesives, etc.
White cement is often used in combination with pigments to impart attractive color shades to concretes and mortars which is not possible with ordinary grey cement and results in dull colors. White cement based plasters are used for covering facades and swimming pools as they are highly durable and require lesser maintenance than painted surfaces. The uniformity and chemical purity of white cement is quite useful in some complex formulations of construction materials such as joint fillers, insulation and anchorage mortars, water tight coatings, etc. The ability of white concrete to be cast in any shape makes it ideal for sculptures, monuments and restoration of archeological sites. In prefabricated applications, its high compressive strength allows increased production speed and reduces costs by eliminating steam curing. The global demand of white cement is currently much lower than that of grey cement and currently accounts for less than 1% of the current global cement consumption. Its price and profit margins, however, are higher than grey cement. China currently represents both the world’s biggest producer and consumer of white cement. Cementir Holding S.p.A currently represents the world’s biggest white cement manufacturer. Other major players include Lafarge, Kuwait Cement Company, Royal El Minya Co., Cemex, etc.
IMARC’s latest study “White Cement Market – Industry Trends, Manufacturing Process, Plant Setup, Machinery, Raw Materials, Cost and Revenue” provides a techno-commercial roadmap for setting up a white cement manufacturing plant. The study, which has been done by one of the world’s leading research and advisory firms, covers all the requisite aspects of the white cement market. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the white cement market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report?
- What are the key success and risk factors in the white cement industry?
- How has the white cement market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the structure of the white cement industry and who are the key players?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a white cement manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a white cement manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a white cement manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a white cement manufacturing plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a white cement manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a white cement manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a white cement manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a white cement manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a white cement manufacturing plant?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of white cement?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a white cement manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?