Cassava is the third most important crop of the tropical region after rice and maize. It is grown in over 90 countries as it is a good source of carbohydrates and yields a better produce in adverse conditions than most other crops. According to IMARC Group’s latest report “Cassava Processing Market – Industry Trends, Manufacturing Process, Plant Setup, Machinery, Raw Materials, Cost and Revenue”, the global cassava processing market grew at CAGR of around 2.5% during 2008-2015, reaching production volume of around 280 Million Tons in 2015. Majority of the population of Africa, Latin America and Asia depends on cassava for sustenance as it provides food as well as occupation to farmers and traders. A major part of cassava is consumed directly and the rest is processed as starch, flour, pellets, chips, etc. Processing of cassava removes the toxins, increases its shelf life, reduces its weight and enhances its overall value. Processed cassava has various applications in a number of industries, some of which include – food, ethanol, paper and cardboard, textiles, pharmaceutical, glues and adhesives.
IMARC Group’s latest study has analysed the market on the basis of the end uses of cassava. The food industry accounts for around half of the total cassava consumption followed by the animal feed industry. Region-wise, Nigeria is the world’s leading producer of cassava accounting for around a fifth of the world’s cassava production followed by Thailand, Indonesia, Brazil and Congo. The report has also analysed the key global players operating in the cassava processing market. Some of the players analysed by this report include – Avebe U.A., Global Bio-Chem Technology Group, Penford Corp, Cargill Incorporated and Ingredion.
The report provides a detailed roadmap for setting up a cassava processing plant. The study, which has been done by one of the world’s leading research and advisory firms, covers all the requisite aspects of the cassava processing market. This ranges from a comprehensive view of the market to minute details of the industry performance, processing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the cassava processing industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report?
• What are the key success and risk factors in the cassava processing industry?
• How has the cassava processing market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
• What is the structure of the cassava processing industry and who are the key players?
• What are the various unit operations involved in a cassava processing plant?
• What is the total size of land required for setting up a cassava processing plant?
• What are the machinery requirements for setting up a cassava processing plant?
• What are the raw material requirements for setting up a cassava processing plant?
• What are the utility requirements for setting up a cassava processing plant?
• What are the manpower requirements for setting up a cassava processing plant?
• What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a cassava processing plant?
• What are the capital costs for setting up a cassava processing plant?
• What are the operating costs for setting up a cassava processing plant?
• What should be the pricing mechanism of cassava processing?
• What will be the income and expenditures for a cassava processing plant?
• What is the time required to break-even?