Corn glucose, also referred to as glucose syrup, is a food syrup obtained by the hydrolysis of corn starch. It is mainly a concentrated source of calories with very little nutritional value. Over the past several years, corn glucose has emerged as a popular substitute for sugar. The demand of corn glucose in the food processing industry has also witnessed strong growth in the last few years. It is principally used as a key ingredient in commercially prepared foods for enhancing flavour, improving colour, adding volume and providing a smooth texture to the food. As it helps in preventing crystallization of sugar, corn glucose is extensively used in confectionery, jams, tinned fruits, ice cream, sorbets, beverages, dairy desserts, biscuits, pastry, cereals, ketchup, sauces, vitamin tonics and cough medication. According to IMARC Group, the global corn glucose market reached a volume of around 3.5 Million Tons in 2015, representing a CAGR of 1.4% during 2008-2015.
IMARC’s latest study “Corn Glucose Market – Industry Trends, Manufacturing Process, Plant Setup, Machinery, Raw Materials, Cost and Revenue” has provided a detailed insight into the global corn glucose market. The report has segmented the market on the basis of major regions. China currently represents both the world’s largest producer and consumer of corn glucose and accounts for around 40% of the total global production. China is followed by the US and Western Europe. The report has also analysed some of the key players operating in the global corn glucose market which include Global Sweeteners Holding Ltd., Roquette, Cargill, Ingredion and ADM.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a corn glucose manufacturing plant. The study covers all the requisite aspects of the corn glucose industry and provides an in-depth analysis of the market, industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the corn glucose industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report?
- What are the key success and risk factors in the corn glucose industry?
- How has the corn glucose market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the structure of the corn glucose industry and who are the key players?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a corn glucose plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a corn glucose plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a corn glucose plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a corn glucose plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a corn glucose plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a corn glucose plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a corn glucose plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a corn glucose plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a corn glucose plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a corn glucose plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?