Ink is a liquid or a paste containing pigments or dyes used to colour a surface for producing an image, design, or text. It has been around since ages and plays a key role in almost every aspect of human life. Inks can be divided into two broad classes- printing inks and writing inks. In the past few years, the consumption of printing inks has increased due to the growth in letterpress, lithographic printing, publishing and packaging industries. Other factors like affordability, constant innovations and popularity of environment-friendly inks are also encouraging the growth of global ink market. According to IMARC group, the global ink market has reached values worth US$ 17 Billion, growing at a CAGR of around 4%during 2009-2015.
IMARC’s latest study “Ink Market – Industry Trends, Manufacturing Process, Plant Setup, Machinery, Raw Materials, Cost and Revenue” has segmented the market on the basis of types and major regions. The different types of ink available in the market are oil based inks, solvent-based liquid inks and water-based liquid inks. On the basis of geography, the Asia-Pacific region currently represents the largest market accounting for around one-third of the total global consumption. Asia Pacific is followed by North America and Europe. The report has further analysed the major players operating in the global ink market. Sun Chemicals currently represents the biggest manufacturer in this market. Other major players include Flint Group, Toyo Ink, Siegwerk Group, Sakata INX and Huber Group.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up an ink manufacturing plant. The study covers all the requisite aspects of the ink industry and provides an in-depth analysis of the global ink market, industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the ink industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report?
- What are the key success and risk factors in the ink industry?
- How has the global ink market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the structure of the ink industry and who are the key players?
- What are the various unit operations involved in an ink manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up an ink manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up an ink manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up an ink manufacturing plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up an ink manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up an ink manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up an ink manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for running an ink manufacturing plant?
- What should be the pricing of ink?
- What will be the incomes and expenditures involved?
- What is the time required to break-even?