A perfume is a fragrant liquid prepared from essential oils commonly used to provide a pleasant smell. Perfumes signify one’s personality, style and individuality. A good scent can influence human thoughts, mood, behaviour, emotions and perceptions of people. Today, perfumes have evolved into a mainstream business in the cosmetics and personal care industry. According to IMARC’s latest study “Perfume Market – Industry Trends, Manufacturing Process, Plant Setup, Machinery, Raw Materials, Cost and Revenue”, the global perfume market was worth US$ 31 Billion in 2015, growing at a CAGR of around 5% during 2008-2015. The report finds that the global perfume market is gaining impetus from the rising concerns for personal grooming and increasing demand for youth oriented and exotic fragrances. Rising population, growing urbanization, higher spending capacity and product diversification by manufacturers are some of the other major factors that are stepping up the demand for perfumes worldwide.
The report provides a detailed insight into the global perfume market and has segmented this market on the basis of types and major regions. The market can be bifurcated into two groups: premium and mass products. Currently, premium products dominate the global perfume market and account for the majority of the total global sales. Country-wise, Brazil represents the world’s largest market for perfumes. Brazil is followed by the United States, Germany, France, Russia, Spain, United Kingdom, Mexico, Italy and Saudi Arabia. The report has also covered some of the key players operating in this market which include Avon Products Inc., Natura Cosméticos SA, Chanel SA, Coty Inc., LVMH, L’Oréal Groupe, Estée Lauder, Procter & Gamble and Botica Comercial Farmacêutica Ltda.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a perfume manufacturing plant. The study covers all the requisite aspects of the perfume industry and provides an in-depth analysis of the market, industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the perfume industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report?
- What are the key success and risk factors in the perfume industry?
- How has the perfume market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the structure of the perfume industry and who are the key players?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a perfume plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a perfume plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a perfume plant?
- What are the raw material requirements and composition for setting up a perfume plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a perfume plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a perfume plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a perfume plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a perfume plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a perfume plant?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of perfumes?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a perfume plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?