The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Asia Pacific Dry Eye Syndrome Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the Asia Pacific dry eye syndrome market size reached US$ 806 Million in 2021. Dry eye syndrome, also known as keratoconjunctivitis sicca (KCS), is a term that defines the lack of lubrication or moisture in the eyes. It is characterized by various symptoms, such as aching, discomfort, burning, pain, redness, photophobia, and irritation in the eyes. It can be treated by surgeries, administering artificial tears, medications, and lacrimal plugs, or by wearing wraparound sunglasses or other protective eyewear. Nowadays, there is an increasing prevalence of dry eye syndrome across the Asia Pacific region due to numerous factors such as excessive computer use, allergies, aging, menopause, smoking, LASIK eye surgery, and hormone replacement therapy.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Asia Pacific Dry Eye Syndrome Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing environmental pollution levels in the region. Dry eye syndrome is caused by prolonged exposure to dust, wind, and dry climatic conditions that increase tear evaporation. In addition, the rising utilization of smart electronic devices, such as smartphones, laptops, and television, by individuals leading to prolonged exposure to screen represents another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, dry eye syndrome is also associated with medical disorders, such as diabetes, Sjogren’s syndrome, arthritis, thyroid disorders, lupus, and scleroderma, which are highly prevalent in elderly patients. As a result, the growing geriatric population is also augmenting the market growth. Moreover, the increasing oxidative stress among the masses due to the lack of physical activities and the rising healthcare expenditure capacities of consumers are also creating a positive market outlook across the region.
- Based on the disease type, the market has been bifurcated into evaporative and aqueous dry eye syndrome.
- On the basis of the drug type, the market has been segregated into anti-inflammatory drugs, lubricant eye drops, and autologous serum eye drops.
- Based on the product, the market has been classified into liquid drops, gel, liquid wipes, eye ointment, and others.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been categorized into hospital, retail, and online pharmacies.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, along with the profiles of key players operating in the industry.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800