The latest report by IMARC, titled “Cheese Market in India: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028”, finds that the India cheese market size reached INR 71.3 Billion in 2022. Cheese refers to a nutritious and palatable milk-derived food product available in a wide range of colors, tastes, textures, and aromas. It is manufactured by coagulating the protein casein found in goat, camel, cow, and buffalo milk. It has emerged as one of the most popular dairy products and has a longer shelf life as compared to milk. It possesses vital nutrients, including fat, protein, calcium, phosphorus, zinc, and riboflavin. The consumption of cheese reduces the risk of developing cancer, osteoporosis, blood pressure, and immunity-related problems. In recent years, cheese has gained traction across India due to its extensive utilization for preparing pasta, pizza, burgers, and numerous other fast-food items.
India Cheese Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the increasing number of quick service restaurants (QSRs) across the country. Additionally, the growing awareness among consumers regarding the health benefits associated with cheese and rising adoption of western cuisines across the Indian region is creating a positive market outlook. Other than this, the exponential growth in the food and beverage (F&B) industry is positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, cheese is also widely used in traditional Indian dishes, such as uttapam, dosa, and parathas. In line with this, the rising number of working individuals in confluence with the changing food patterns are propelling the market growth. Furthermore, key players are introducing a wide variety of cheese in the market, such as mozzarella, cheddar, Roquefort, parmesan, and feta. Moreover, producers are investing heavily in marketing campaigns through numerous advertising media, including newspapers, television, and social media platforms to expand their consumer base. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach INR 262.6 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 24.06% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the type, the market has been divided into processed cheese, mozzarella, cheddar, Emmental, ricotta, and others. Currently, processed cheese holds the dominant share.
- On the basis of the format, the market has been segregated into slices, diced/cubes, shredded, blocks, liquid, crème, and cheese spreads. Presently, cheese slices accounts for the majority of the market share.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into pizzas, burgers, sandwiches, wraps, cakes, and others. Currently, pizza represents the largest application area.
- On the basis of the retail/institution, the market has been bifurcated into retail and institutional.
- Country-wise, Maharashtra holds the leading position in the cheese market. Other major countries include Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Delhi, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Kerala, Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, and Orissa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, along with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the industry.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||INR Billion, ‘000 Kg
||Type, Format, Application, Retail/Institutional, State
||Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Delhi, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Kerala, Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Orissa
||GCMMF, Parag Milk Foods, Britannia and Mother Dairy
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800