The latest report by IMARC, titled “United States Electric Bus Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, finds that the United States electric bus market is anticipated to exhibit a CAGR of 20% during the forecast period (2022-2027). An electric bus, also known as an e-bus, refers to a vehicle operating using electric motors instead of the conventional internal combustion engine (ICE). It is usually driven by onboard electric motors that receive power from a set of batteries. It can also function through an external energy source, including a power grid. In recent years, electric buses have gained momentum in the United States due to their eco-friendly nature, quiet operations, low to zero emissions, minimal maintenance, and long-term cost-effectiveness.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of the associated industries. These observations will further be integrated into the report.
United States Electric Bus Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the lowering costs of lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries, which are a vital part of electric buses. Additionally, the rising environmental consciousness among the masses and the growing concerns about the adverse effects of air pollution on human health are resulting in the need for electrified transit systems and eco-friendly alternatives such as electric buses. Other than this, the implementation of stringent emission control regulations across the country to promote zero-emission vehicles is creating a positive market outlook. Besides this, the significant adoption of inductive charging technology and the constant developments in electric bus charging technology are accelerating the product demand. Other growth-inducing factors include increasing oil prices in the country, growing concerns over the deletion of fossil fuels, and expanding disposable income levels of the masses.
- Based on the propulsion type, the market has been divided into battery electric vehicle (BEV), fuel cell electric vehicle (FCEV), and plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV).
- On the basis of the battery type, the market has been segmented into lithium-ion battery, nickel-metal hydride battery (NiMH), and others.
- Based on the length, the market has been segregated into less than 9 meters, 9-14 meters, and above 14 meters.
- On the basis of the range, the market has been bifurcated into less than 200 miles and more than 200 miles.
- Based on the battery capacity, the market has been categorized into up to 400 kWh and above 400 kWh.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into Northeast, Midwest, South, and West.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, along with detailed profiles of the key players operating in the industry.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800