The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Europe Beer Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the Europe beer market size reached US$ 141.9 Billion in 2021. Beer is an alcoholic, carbonated and fermented beverage prepared with water, hops, and malted cereal grains, including wheat, rice, corn, and rye. It also comprises other ingredients, such as herbs and fruits, that are added to enhance the flavor and fragrance of the drink. It is typically manufactured in micro-, macro-, and craft breweries and packaged in metal cans and glass bottles. It is rich in antioxidants, polyphenols, and essential nutrients, such as riboflavin, potassium, magnesium, folate, niacin, and pyridoxine. It can help relieve stress, strengthen muscles, enhance cognitive functioning, regulate blood pressure levels, prevent kidney stones, and minimize the risks of cardiovascular disorders when consumed in moderation. In Europe, beer is widely available in lager, ale, stout, porter, and malt variants.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Europe Beer Market Trends:
In Europe, the growing consumption of alcoholic beverages and the rising number of pubs, bars, and restaurants represent the primary factors driving the market. Besides this, the increasing willingness of consumers to try out new varieties of beers, such as flavored, lager, and craft beers, is another major growth-inducing factor. Additionally, there has been a substantial shift toward low to no alcohol beers among consumers, especially the younger generation. In line with this, the emerging trend of social drinking and the rising number of micro and craft breweries across the region have augmented the product demand. Furthermore, the leading manufacturers are introducing innovative beer variants in novel and exotic flavors, such as blueberry, honey, peach, chocolate, and strawberry, to expand their product portfolio and cater to consumers’ diversified tastes and preferences. Besides this, the launch of premium and super-premium beers in attractive packaging has catalyzed market growth. Other factors, including the surging popularity of low-calorie and alcohol-free beer, escalating demand for imported beer, rising consumer disposable incomes, elevating living standards, rapid urbanization, and easy product availability via e-commerce platforms, are also creating a favorable market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 164.7 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 2.57% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into standard lager, premium lager, specialty beer, and others.
- On the basis of the packaging, the market has been classified into glass, PET bottle, metal can, and others.
- The market has been divided based on the production into macro, micro, and other breweries.
- Based on the alcohol content, the market has been categorized into high, low, and alcohol-free.
- On the basis of the flavor, the market has been bifurcated into flavored and unflavored beer.
- The market has been segregated based on the distribution channel into supermarkets and hypermarkets, on-trades, specialty stores, convenience stores, and others.
- Country-wise, the market has been divided into Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, along with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the industry.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800