According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Europe Beer Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the Europe beer market size reached US$ 146.3 Billion in 2022. Beer is one of the oldest and most widely consumed alcoholic beverages in the world. It is a fermented alcoholic drink made primarily from four key ingredients: water, malted barley (or other grains), hops, and yeast. The brewing process involves several stages, including mashing, boiling, fermentation, conditioning, and packaging. Malted barley is soaked in water to activate enzymes that convert starches into fermentable sugars, which creates a sweet liquid called wort. Hops, the flowers of the hop plant, are added during boiling to provide bitterness, aroma, and flavor to the beer. The wort is then cooled, and yeast is added to begin fermentation, where the sugars are converted into alcohol and carbon dioxide. This process can take several days to weeks, depending on the type of beer being produced. Beer comes in various styles, ranging from light and refreshing lagers to rich and complex ales and stouts. The different beer styles are characterized by their color, flavor, aroma, alcohol content, and overall taste profile. Beer has a long history and cultural significance in many societies, playing a role in social gatherings, celebrations, and religious rituals. It has become an integral part of many traditions and cuisines around the world.
Europe Beer Market Trends:
The shifting consumer preferences toward premium and craft beers are driving the demand for higher-quality, unique, and flavorful brews which represents one of the key factors influencing the growth of the beer market across Europe. This is further leading to the growth of microbreweries and craft beer establishments. In line with this, Europe incorporates a long history of brewing traditions, with several countries known for their unique beer styles and techniques. This cultural heritage and appreciation for beer are creating a strong demand for locally crafted and specialty brews. In addition to this, beer holds significant cultural and social importance in many European countries. It is often associated with various traditions, festivals, and social gatherings, which is driving its consumption and the growth of the market. The market is also driven by the rising tourism and hospitality industry across the region. Europe is a major tourist destination, which attracts millions of visitors annually. The vibrant beer culture and diverse beer offerings in European countries contribute to beer consumption among tourists, which is facilitating the growth of the market. Apart from this, effective marketing strategies by beer companies and breweries are playing a crucial role in promoting beer consumption among different demographic groups and contributing to the market growth. The market is witnessing evolving trends, such as the rise of low-alcohol and alcohol-free beers, due to health-conscious consumers seeking lighter alternatives. Other factors, including innovations in packaging, and globalization and trade, are creating a positive outlook for the market across the globe. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 167.7 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 2.4% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into standard lager, premium lager, specialty beer, and others. Presently, standard lager holds the largest market share across the region.
- On the basis of the packaging, the market has been classified into glass, PET bottle, metal can, and others. Currently, glass is dominating the market across the region.
- The market has been divided based on the production into macro-brewery, micro-brewery, and other breweries. Presently, macro-brewery holds the largest market share across the region.
- Based on the alcohol content, the market has been categorized into high, low, and alcohol-free. Currently, high is dominating the market across the region.
- On the basis of the flavor, the market has been bifurcated into flavored and unflavored beer. Presently, unflavored holds the largest market across the region.
- The market has been segregated based on the distribution channel into supermarkets and hypermarkets, on-trades, specialty stores, convenience stores, and others. Currently, supermarkets and hypermarkets are dominating the market across the region.
- Country-wise, the market has been divided into Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others. Presently, Germany holds the largest market share across the region.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Packaging, Production, Alcohol Content, Flavor, Distribution Channel, Country
||Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Others
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800