IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “GCC Bakery Products Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, the GCC bakery products market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% during 2022-2027. Bakery products are produced using dry heat in ovens, hot stones, and ashes. They include bread, biscuits, pretzels, crackers, buns, rolls, macarons, pastries, cakes, doughnuts, and pies. Bakery products are made with yeast, eggs, milk, sugar, salt, and emulsifiers. These ingredients are responsible for the characteristic flavor, texture and appearance of the products. Bakery products have become a staple diet for people across the GCC region as they are easily accessible, convenient and nutritious in nature.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
GCC Bakery Products Market Trends:
The GCC bakery products market is primarily driven by the increasing influence of western food cultures and the expanding food processing industry. The rising disposable incomes, rapid urbanization and hectic lifestyles have encouraged consumers to shift toward more convenient and ready-to-eat (RTE) food products such as bakery products. With the emerging health-consciousness, there has also been a significant rise in the demand for gluten-free and natural products. This has led to the ever-increasing consumption of instant and nutritious baked goods in the form of specialized and premium products. Besides this, several manufacturers in the GCC region are shifting to local bakery products over imported products. Moreover, advancements in technology have enabled manufacturers to introduce innovative bakery products with different ingredients, flavors, shapes and sizes. Furthermore, the growing awareness among the masses about natural nutrition, healthy living, and organic products has escalated the sales of whole wheat, low-calorie, and additive-free bakery products.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into bread rolls (loaves, baguettes, rolls, burger buns, sandwich slices, ciabatta, frozen bread, and others), cake and pastries (cupcakes, dessert cakes, sponge cakes, and pastries), biscuits (cookies, cream biscuits, glucose biscuits, Marie biscuits, non-salt cracker biscuits, milk biscuits, and others), and others.
- On the basis of the bakery type, the market has been categorized into artisanal, in-store and other bakeries.
- The market has been categorized based on the source into whole wheat flour, multi grain flour, and others.
- On the basis of the form, the market has been segregated into fresh and frozen bakery products.
- Based on nature, the market has been classified into conventional and organic segments.
- The market has been segmented based on the distribution channel into convenience stores, supermarkets and hypermarkets, independent retailers, online stores, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, and Bahrain.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Agthia Group, Al Jadeed Bakery, Aryzta AG, Dawn Food Products, Inc., Dofreeze LLC, General Mills Inc., Kellogg Company, Modern Bakery LLC, Mondelez International, Sunbulah Group, and Switz Group.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800