According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “GCC Dog Food Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, the GCC dog food market reached a value of US$ XX Million in 2017. Dog food refers to a combination of nutrients including carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins and minerals. It is generally formulated with ingredients such as oatmeal, potatoes, pea protein, sugar-based sweeteners, bone meal, chicken and liver chunks. A healthy diet helps dogs in maintaining a lustrous coat, and appropriate weight and energy levels along with boosting the immune system. Over the years, the dog food market has gained momentum in the GCC region due to the growing presence of international dog food producers.
There has been a significant rise in the overall adoption of dogs across the Gulf countries which is giving a push to the demand for dog food in the region. This has prompted the manufacturers to increase the production of high-quality food items that are more palatable and contain more nutrients. Over the past few years, premium-quality dog food has gained momentum in the GCC region owing to the ongoing trend of pet humanization. The growth of the GCC dog food market is also being propelled by other factors which include increasing elderly population, growing number of nuclear families and rising disposable incomes. Looking forward, the market is projected to reach a value of US$ XX Million by 2023, at an expected CAGR of X% during 2018-2023.
- The dog food market in the GCC region has been segmented on the basis of product types which include dry, wet and canned, snacks and treats. Amongst these, dry dog food represents the most popular product type.
- Based on ingredients, the market is divided into animal derivatives, plant derivatives and cereal derivatives. At present, dog food products are being majorly produced using animal derivatives.
- The major distribution channels used for selling dog food include convenience stores, supermarkets and hypermarkets, and online stores. Currently, convenience stores account for the majority of dog food sales in the GCC region.
- On a regional-basis, the UAE represents the largest market for dog food, holding the majority of the total share. The other major markets include Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Bahrain.
- The competitive landscape of the GCC dog food market has also been examined with some of the key players being Mars, Nestle, Hills and Del Monte.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Phone No: (D) +91 120 433 0800 | www.imarcgroup.com
Americas :- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331