According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “GCC Dog Food Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, the GCC dog food market size reached US$ 92.7 Million in 2021. Dog food refers to commercially prepared foods for dogs that comprises nutrients, such as proteins, minerals, vitamins and carbohydrates. Widely available in dry (kibble), wet and semi-moist forms, it is fortified using various ingredients, including oatmeal, potatoes, pea protein, sugar-based sweeteners, bone meal, chicken liver chunks and sugar-based sweeteners. It provides proper nutrition required by dogs for maintaining an appropriate weight, a lustrous coat and adequate energy levels. Apart from this, good quality dog food also helps in regulating digestion, strengthening bones and muscles, and boosting the immune system of pet dogs.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
GCC Dog Food Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing adoption rates of dogs as pets in the GCC region. Moreover, a significant rise in the expatriate population in the region, along with the growing number of nuclear families, has resulted in an increased preference for pets as companions, especially dogs. Apart from this, manufacturers are introducing several premium products made from organic raw materials and natural flavorings in the market. Consumption of these formulations reduces the chances of allergic reactions and skin diseases among pets, owing to which they are increasingly being preferred by pet owners in the region. The advent of multigrain and gluten-free dog food variants, inflating income levels of the majority of the population, and the rising trend of pet humanization are some of the other factors contributing to the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.3% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been divided into dry food, wet and canned food, and snacks and treats. Amongst these, dry dog food is the most preferred product type in the market.
- Based on the ingredient, animal derivatives account for the majority of the total market share. Other major segments include plant derivatives, cereal derivatives and other derivatives.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the distribution channel into convenience stores, supermarkets and hypermarkets, online stores, and others. At present, convenience stores exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Region-wise, the UAE holds the leading position in the market. Other major regions include Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Bahrain.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report, along with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Phone No: (D) +91 120 433 0800 | www.imarcgroup.com
Americas :- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331