According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Acquired Orphan Blood Diseases Therapeutics Market Report by Therapy (Recombinant Factor, Immunoglobulin Infusion Therapy, Activated Prothrombin Complex Concentrate, Thrombopoietin Receptor Agonists, and Others), Disease Indication (Acquired Agranulocytosis, Acquired Hemophilia, Acquired Von Willebrand Syndrome, Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria (PNH), Myelodysplastic Syndrome, and Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, and Others), and Region 2023-2028,” the global acquired orphan blood diseases therapeutics market size reached US$ 8.12 Billion in 2022. Acquired orphan blood disease therapeutics refers to the specialized medical treatments designed for rare blood disorders that are developed post-birth. They include a range of treatment modalities, such as targeted therapies, biologics, small molecule inhibitors, and gene therapies. Acquired orphan blood disease therapeutics are engineered to combat specific aspects of the disorder by utilizing complex biological components, proteins, or synthetic molecules. They are employed in hospitals, specialized treatment centers, and research institutions. Acquired orphan blood disease therapeutics offer numerous benefits, including early intervention, personalized treatment plans, improved patient quality of life, minimized disease progression, and curative possibilities. Additionally, they offer reduced side effects, targeted drug delivery, quicker recovery, cost-effectiveness in long-term disease management, and an increased treatment success rate.
Global Acquired Orphan Blood Diseases Therapeutics Market Trends:
The rapid advancements in medical research contributing to the identification and development of effective and targeted treatments for acquired orphan blood diseases, are major factors propelling the market growth. Moreover, the implementation of government policies and incentives, such as exclusive marketing rights and tax credits that encourage pharmaceutical companies to invest in research and innovation initiatives, is supporting the market growth. Along with this, the growing awareness and advocacy efforts by patient organizations and healthcare providers to educate the public and policy-makers about the critical need for treatment is stimulating the market growth. Besides this, rapid advances in genomic and proteomic technologies leading to the precise identification of disease etiologies are anticipated to drive the market growth. Furthermore, the rising partnerships and collaborations among research institutions, pharmaceutical companies, and healthcare providers for sharing knowledge, resources, and financial risks that accelerate the development and distribution of therapeutics are bolstering the market growth. In addition to this, the increasing establishment of specialized healthcare facilities and the availability of skilled professionals that serve to decentralize treatment, making it more accessible to a broader patient base, is acting as a growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, the rising prevalence of personalized medicine and the growing focus on patient-centric care models are also favoring the market growth. In line with this, the sudden shift towards value-based healthcare that impacts reimbursement policies, making it financially viable for healthcare providers and patients to opt for advanced treatment options, is creating remunerative growth opportunities for the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 13.34 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 8.30% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the therapy, the market has been divided into recombinant factor, immunoglobulin infusion therapy, activated prothrombin complex concentrate, thrombopoietin receptor agonists, and others.
- On the basis of the disease indication, the market has been classified into acquired agranulocytosis, acquired hemophilia, acquired von willebrand syndrome, paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), myelodysplastic syndrome, and others. According to the report, acquired hemophilia accounted for the largest market share.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been categorized into hospital pharmacy, retail pharmacy, and others. Amongst these, hospital pharmacy accounted for the largest market share.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for acquired orphan blood diseases therapeutics.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc. (AstraZeneca plc), Amgen Inc., GSK plc, Novartis AG, Novo Nordisk A/S, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Rigel Pharmaceuticals Inc., Roche Holding AG, Sanofi, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Disease Indication
- Distribution Channel
||Recombinant Factor, Immunoglobulin Infusion Therapy, Activated Prothrombin Complex Concentrate, Thrombopoietin Receptor Agonists, Others
|Disease Indications Covered
||Acquired Agranulocytosis, Acquired Hemophilia, Acquired Von Willebrand Syndrome, Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria (PNH), Myelodysplastic Syndrome, Others
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc. (AstraZeneca plc), Amgen Inc., GSK plc, Novartis AG, Novo Nordisk A/S, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Rigel Pharmaceuticals Inc., Roche Holding AG, Sanofi, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800