According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Agricultural Microbial Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global agricultural microbial market reached a value of US$ 8.6 Billion in 2022. Agricultural microbial refers to microorganisms that play an essential role in numerous farming practices to improve crop productivity and yield quality. They include protozoa, viruses, fungi, archaea, yeast, molds, algae, and bacteria. Agricultural microbial are widely used for soil improvement, crop protection, increasing soil fertility, and enhancing the uptake of nutrients such as phosphorous and nitrogen. They also assists in composting to produce manure by decomposing organic matter and recycling old plant materials. Agricultural microbial provides several benefits, including drought and heat tolerance and resistance to insects, plant diseases, salinity, and ultraviolet (UV) radiations. They also offers certain antibiotics and growth substances that assist in the development of plants.
Global Agricultural Microbial Market Trends:
The rising adoption of sustainable agricultural practices is one of the key factors driving the market growth. Agricultural microbial is widely used as an economical solution to improve plant health and enhance crop production while controlling disease outbreaks, enhancing soil conditions, refining the nutrient transportation process, reducing soil erosion, and preserving freshwater. In addition, rising awareness regarding the benefits of employing agricultural microbial in farming, such as nitrogen fixation, disease control, and soil enrichment, is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, widespread product adoption in formulating biofertilizers, biopesticides, and biostimulants to improve crop yield, prevent root-fungus disease, and increase germination, seedling vigor, and flowering is providing an impetus to the market growth. Additionally, the introduction of advanced production techniques for plant growth-promoting (PGP) microbes, such as liquid, talc, sawdust, and peat-based formulations that prevent the loss of bioactivity and improve the physical, chemical, and nutritional properties of the formulated biomass, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, the implementation of various government initiatives promoting the use of microbes as biofertilizers and an effective substitute for synthetic agrochemicals is providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Other factors, including rising consumer concerns regarding environmental pollution and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions caused by conventional agricultural practices and extensive research and development (R&D) activities, are anticipated to drive the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 17.3 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 11.8% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been divided into bacteria, fungi, virus, and others.
- Based on the formulation, the market has been bifurcated into dry and liquid.
- On the basis of the application method, the market has been categorized into soil amendment and crop protection.
- Based on the function, the market has been classified into foliar spray, soil treatment, seed treatment, and others.
- On the basis of the crop type, the market has been divided into cereals, oilseeds and pulses, fruits and vegetables, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being AgBiome, BASF SE, Bayer AG, Cargill Incorporated, Certis USA LLC, Chr. Hansen A/S, DuPont de Nemours Inc., Koppert Biological Systems, Marrone Bio Innovations (Bioceres Crop Solutions), Novozymes A/S (Novo Holdings A/S), Nufarm Limited, Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd. and Syngenta AG.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800