According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Aircraft Cabin Interior Market by Product Type (Seat, Cabin Lighting, In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity, Aircraft Galley and Lavatory, Aircraft Windows and Windshields, and Others), Aircraft Type (Commercial Aircraft, Business Jets, Regional Jets), Class (First Class, Business Class, Premium Economy Class, Economy Class), End User (Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), Aftermarket), and Region 2023-2028,” the global aircraft cabin interior market size reached US$ 27.1 Billion in 2022. Aircraft cabin interior refers to the design, layout, and components within the passenger compartment of an aircraft. This encompasses various aspects such as seating arrangements, lighting, ventilation, entertainment systems, lavatories, and storage compartments. The aircraft cabin interior plays a pivotal role in enhancing the overall flying experience for passengers, while also ensuring their safety and comfort. Seating arrangements are strategically configured to optimize space utilization, passenger accessibility, and comfort. The choice of materials and fabrics for seats, as well as the layout of aisles and partitions, all contribute to the aesthetic and functional aspects of the cabin. Lighting systems are designed to create a pleasant ambiance, facilitate passenger movement, and cater to different phases of the flight. Ventilation systems ensure a constant flow of fresh air, maintaining a healthy and comfortable atmosphere throughout the journey. Entertainment systems, including in-flight entertainment screens and audio options, are integrated to keep passengers engaged and relaxed. Lavatories are equipped with compact yet functional designs, utilizing space efficiently while maintaining hygiene standards.
Global Aircraft Cabin Interior Market Trends:
One of the significant factors driving the market is the expansion of the aviation industry. The escalating demand for air travel due to the increasing disposable incomes and growing middle class has fueled the need for newer, more efficient aircraft with advanced and comfortable cabin interiors. Additionally, improving passenger experience remains a paramount objective for airlines. As competition intensifies, carriers are investing in modern cabin interiors to differentiate their services and attract discerning travelers. This has led to a surge in demand for innovative and passenger-centric cabin designs, offering amenities such as spacious seating, state-of-the-art entertainment systems, improved lighting, and enhanced connectivity options. Moreover, regulatory mandates and industry standards play a pivotal role in shaping the cabin interior market. Stricter regulations pertaining to passenger safety, cabin hygiene, and accessibility have driven airlines to revamp their cabin interiors to comply with these guidelines. As a result, retrofitting and upgrading existing aircraft interiors have become prevalent practices, driving the demand for cabin interior components and services. In line with this, advancements in materials and manufacturing technologies have also contributed to market growth. Lightweight and durable materials are being integrated into cabin designs, enabling airlines to achieve fuel efficiency while maintaining structural integrity. This shift toward eco-friendly materials aligns with the broader sustainability goals of the aviation industry, further propelling the adoption of innovative cabin interior solutions. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 42.2 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 7.4% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into seat, cabin lighting, in-flight entertainment and connectivity, aircraft galley and lavatory, aircraft windows and windshields, and others. According to the report, in-flight entertainment and connectivity represents the largest segment.
- On the basis of the aircraft type, the market has been divided into commercial aircraft, business jets, and regional jets. Currently, commercial aircraft accounts for the majority of the market share.
- Based on the class insight, the market has been segregated into first class, business class, premium economy class, and economy class. Presently, business class dominates the market.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been categorized into original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and aftermarket. According to the report, aftermarket holds the largest segment.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others), Middle East and Africa, and Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others). Amongst these, North America is the leading market, accounting for the majority of the global share.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Acro Aircraft Seating Ltd., Astronics Corporation, Aviointeriors S.p.A, Boeing Encore Interiors LLC, Collins Aerospace (Raytheon Technologies Corporation), Diehl Stiftung & Co. KG, Geven S.p.A., Global Aerospace Logistics (GAL), Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Company Limited, Jamco Corporation, RECARO Aircraft Seating GmbH & Co. KG (Putsch GmbH & Co. KG), Safran S.A, and Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Products Types Covered
||Seat, Cabin Lighting, In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity, Aircraft Galley and Lavatory, Aircraft Windows and Windshields, Others
|Aircraft Types Covered
||Commercial Aircraft, Business Jets, Regional Jets
||First Class, Business Class, Premium Economy Class, Economy Class
|End Users Covered
||Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), Aftermarket
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Acro Aircraft Seating Ltd., Astronics Corporation, Aviointeriors S.p.A, Boeing Encore Interiors LLC, Collins Aerospace (Raytheon Technologies Corporation), Diehl Stiftung & Co. KG, Geven S.p.A., Global Aerospace Logistics (GAL), Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Company Limited, Jamco Corporation, RECARO Aircraft Seating GmbH & Co. KG (Putsch GmbH & Co. KG), Safran S.A, Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800