According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Anti-Acne Serum Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global anti-acne serum market reached a value of US$ 1,155 Million in 2022. Acne is caused due to a bacteria called Cutibacterium acnes that feeds on the excess oil on the skin, thus causing clogging of oil glands and releasing inflammatory molecules that cause red pustules. An anti-acne serum refers to a skincare product that is generally applied to treat and prevent acne breakouts and other facial infections. It is formulated with a higher concentration of active ingredients, such as benzoyl peroxide, adapalene, salicylic acid, azelaic acid and alpha hydroxy acids, that work by removing excess oil from the skin, speeding the growth of new skin cells, killing acne-causing bacteria and removing dead skin cells. Since its usage prevents skin breakouts, it provides a healthy and clear complexion to the users.
Global Anti-Acne Serum Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising prevalence of acne and post-breakout marks among individuals. Coupled with the growing preference for maintaining an aesthetic appearance among the masses, this is providing a boost to the uptake of anti-acne serums. Along with this, extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players to introduce improved anti-acne serums are creating a positive market outlook. Moreover, numerous leading players are heavily investing in the launching of value-added serums that are formulated with natural ingredients, which are gaining widespread prominence among individuals. Additionally, continuous improvements in the e-commerce infrastructure and the advent of online delivery models are also impacting the market growth favorably. Furthermore, the increasing adoption of aggressive marketing strategies, celebrity endorsements and innovative packaging solutions by various key players are creating lucrative growth opportunities in the market. Other factors, including rapid urbanization, the inflating disposable income levels of the masses and the advent of diversified product variants, are also positively influencing the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 1,724 Million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.7% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of skin type, the market has been bifurcated into oily, normal, sensitive, dry and combination skin.
- Based on the ingredients type, the market has been classified into organic, natural and synthetic.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been segmented into supermarkets and hypermarkets, specialty stores, pharmacy and drugstores, online stores and others. Among these, supermarkets and hypermarkets account for the majority of the total market share.
- Based on the end-user, the market has been segregated into men and women, where in women exhibit a clear dominance.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa. At present, Europe holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include DERMA E (Topix Pharmaceuticals Inc.), Estée Lauder Inc, Forest Essentials, Glossier, iS Clinical, Mario Badescu Skin Care, Inc., Murad LLC (Unilever PLC), PCA Skin (Colgate-Palmolive Company), SkinCeuticals, Sunday Riley and Ulta Beauty Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Skin Type, Ingredients Type, Distribution Channel, End User, Region
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||DERMA E (Topix Pharmaceuticals Inc.), Estée Lauder Inc, Forest Essentials, Glossier, iS Clinical, Mario Badescu Skin Care, Inc., Murad LLC (Unilever PLC), PCA Skin (Colgate-Palmolive Company), SkinCeuticals, Sunday Riley and Ulta Beauty Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800