According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Anti-Aging Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global anti-aging market size reached US$ 67.2 Billion in 2022. Anti-aging is the process of slowing, preventing, or reversing the effects of aging on skin and hair. It is facilitated with the help of various beauty services and skin treatments, such as Botox, micro-needling, dermabrasion, and laser skin tightening, which are performed by experienced aestheticians and dermatologists. It is also promoted by the utilization of various skincare products, such as serums, creams, ointments, masks, and gels, containing hydroxy acids, retinoic acid, retinoid, peptides, ceramides, ascorbic acid, and niacinamide. It helps restore hydration and stimulate the production of collagen and elastin in the skin. It assists in reversing the effects of different biochemical reactions, which cause the body to lose its youthful appearance and affect health and fitness. It also provides a rejuvenated glow to the skin, smoothens facial skin, and prevents the formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
Global Anti-Aging Market Trends:
At present, the increasing demand for anti-aging products due to the rising consciousness among individuals about their physical appearance represents one of the primary factors influencing the market positively. Besides this, the growing awareness about the benefits of using various skin and hair care products with active ingredients is offering a favorable market outlook. In addition, the increasing number of e-commerce brands selling innovative anti-aging products with clean and natural ingredients is propelling the growth of the market. Apart from this, the rising adoption of effective marketing strategies by various cosmetic brands, along with celebrity endorsements to boost sales, is contributing to the growth of the market. Additionally, increasing preferences of individuals to seek professional help from dermatologists for improving their skin texture and repelling the effects of aging is supporting the growth of the market. Furthermore, the rising adoption of various non-surgical processes to minimize the impact of aging on facial skin is bolstering the growth of the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a volume of US$ 98.6 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.5 % during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the demography, the market has been segmented into age group, gender, and income. The age group represented the largest segment in the market.
- Based on the industry, the market has been classified into skin care industry, hair care industry, and dental care industry. At present, the skin care industry holds the biggest share in the market.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been segregated into anti-wrinkle products (anti-wrinkle cream, botulinum toxin A injections, and dermal fillers); anti-pigmentation products (anti-pigmentation creams and chemical peels); sunscreen products, and hair care products (hair color products, anti-hair fall products, and hair gain products). Presently, sunscreen products exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the devices and technology, the market has been segmented into microdermabrasion devices and aesthetic energy devices (laser devices, intense pulsed light devices, radio frequency devices, and ultrasound devices). Microdermabrasion devices account for the largest share in the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, Russia, Spain, United States, Brazil, Japan, South Korea, China, Thailand, and India. Amongst these, France enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Allergan, L’Oréal Groupe, Beiersdorf Global, Estee Lauder Inc., Procter & Gamble, Shiseido Co., Ltd., and Unilever.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800