According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Aromatherapy Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global aromatherapy market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.4% during 2022-2027. Aromatherapy refers to a holistic healing treatment that is practiced for improving the psychological and physical well-being of an individual. It functions through the sense of smell and skin absorption by using aromatic compounds, such as essential oils, natural plant extracts, diffusers, aromatic spritzers, bathing salts, facial steamers, hot and cold compresses, and clay masks. Aromatherapy provides several therapeutic benefits, including relieving anxiety, improving sleep, managing pain, soothing sore joints, enhancing digestion, boosting immunity, and reducing inflammation. It is also employed to treat other medical conditions, such as arthritis, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, asthma, and depression. As a result, aromatherapy is gaining immense popularity across the globe.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Aromatherapy Market Trends:
One of the key factors driving the global aromatherapy market growth is rapid urbanization and industrialization, particularly in emerging economies. This has resulted in hectic working schedules and high levels of stress and anxiety among individuals, which, in turn, is facilitating the preference for aromatherapy. Additionally, aromatherapy offers numerous medicinal properties, including antiseptic, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and astringent. This, in confluence with the rising incidents of dermatological disorders is creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, the rising utilization of natural, alternative therapies with mainstream medicine to offer enhanced treatment solutions is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, leading players are focusing on introducing innovation product variants and are relying on e-commerce platforms to expand their overall reach, which is fueling the market growth.
- Based on the product, the market has been bifurcated into consumables (essential and carrier oils) and equipment (ultrasonic, nebulizing, evaporative, and heat diffuser).
- On the basis of the mode of delivery, the market has been divided into topical application, direct inhalation, and aerial diffusion.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into relaxation, skin and hair care, pain management, insomnia, scar management, and others.
- On the basis of the end use, the market has been segmented into hospitals and clinics, home use, spa and wellness centers, yoga and meditation centers, and others.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been bifurcated into DTC (direct-to-consumer) and B2B (business-to-business).
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Air Aroma, d-TERRA, Eden Gardens, Frontier Co-op., Hubmar International Inc, Isagenix Worldwide Inc., Mountain Rose Herbs, Nu Skin Enterprises Inc., Plant Therapy Essential Oils, Rocky Mountain Oils LLC, Stadler Form Aktiengesellschaft and Young Living Essential Oils.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal