IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Bariatric Surgery Devices Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global bariatric surgery devices market size reached US$ 2.7 Billion in 2022. Bariatric surgery devices are equipment used to perform bariatric procedures for weight loss and treating various obesity-related conditions. They work by altering the digestive system, such as limiting the amount of food the stomach can hold and causing malabsorption of nutrients. Some commonly used assisting and implantable devices during bariatric surgery are trocars, adjustable gastric bands, gastric balloons, electrical stimulators, and stapling, vessel sealing and suturing devices. They improve the production of gut hormones that decrease appetite and provide the feeling of fullness or satiety. In recent years, bariatric surgery devices have gained immense traction as they help lower the risk of severe, life-threatening health problems in overweight individuals.
Global Bariatric Surgery Devices Market Trends:
The rising incidences of weight-related problems and lifestyle diseases, such as obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular disorders, represent the primary factor driving the market growth. This can be attributed to unhealthy dietary habits, sedentary lifestyles, and excessive smoking and alcohol consumption. Besides this, the increasing reimbursement coverage and the growing number of sponsored bariatric surgeries by regional governments of various developed nations have augmented the product demand. In addition, there has been a significant shift toward minimally invasive (MI) bariatric procedures and devices among patients and healthcare professionals as they do not require large incisions and cause minimal postoperative stress. Along with this, advancements in surgical procedures, including Laparoscopic Greater Curvature Plication (LGCP), Primary Obesity Surgery Endoluminal (POSE), and Hand-Assisted Laparoscopic Surgery (HALS), have accelerated product adoption rates. Furthermore, the leading players are innovating newer technologies that are non-invasive, reduce patients’ time in hospitals, minimize the risks of infection, and save costs. In line with this, the increasing usage of surgical robots and the launch of devices with improved cosmetic results and minimal pain have catalyzed market growth. Other factors, including the aging population, increasing focus on weight loss, rising consumer healthcare expenditure, growing health and cosmetic concerns, and technological advancements, are also creating a favorable market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 3.7 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 5.4% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the procedure type, the market has been classified as minimally invasive and non-invasive surgical procedures.
- On the basis of the device type, the market has been bifurcated into assisting devices (stapling devices, energy-based vessel sealing devices, suturing devices, trocars, clip appliers, and others) and implantable devices (gastric bands, electrical stimulators, gastric balloons, transpyloric shuttle, and others).
- The market has been segmented based on the procedure into sleeve gastrectomy, adjustable gastric banding, Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been categorized into weight loss, hereditary disease, and other disorders.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been segregated into bariatric surgery clinics, hospitals, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Apollo Endosurgery Inc., GI Dynamics Inc., Intuitive Surgical Inc., Johnson & Johnson Services Inc., Medtronic Plc, Olympus Corporation, Reach Surgical Inc., Reshape Lifesciences Inc., Spatz Fgia Inc., Asensus Surgical, Inc. (TransEnterix Inc.), and USGI Medical Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Procedure Type, Device Type, Procedure, Application, End-User, Region
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Apollo Endosurgery Inc., GI Dynamics, Intuitive Surgical Inc., Johnson & Johnson Services Inc., Medtronic Inc., Olympus Corporation, Reach Surgical Inc., Reshape Lifesciences Inc., Spatz Fgia Inc., TransEnterix Inc. and USGI Medical Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800