According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Black Pepper Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the global black pepper market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Black pepper is a strong spice and seasoning that is widely characterized by a hot and pungent taste. It is produced from the dried and ground peppercorns that are obtained from a flowering vine belonging to the family Piperaceae. It is popularly utilized as a major ingredient in the preparation of various dishes and cuisines. It is a rich source of antioxidants, flavonoids, carotenes, and vitamins A and C. Consequently, its consumption aids in lowering cholesterol levels, regulating digestion and maintaining blood sugar levels. Apart from this, black pepper is also characterized by antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Black Pepper Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by significant growth in the food and beverages sector. With the increasing sales of ready-to-eat and convenience foods across the globe, there has been a considerable uptake of black pepper across the sector. This is further supported by the inflating disposable income levels of the masses and their shifting dietary preferences. Moreover, black pepper is increasingly being used in the formulation of numerous skincare products. Due to the widespread preference for organic skincare products across the globe, this is creating a positive outlook for the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the growing awareness regarding the health benefits offered by the consumption of black pepper, the launch of innovative packaging solutions that enable users to freshly grind peppercorns in a convenient manner and easy product availability across the online and offline retail channels. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of around 5% during 2021-2026.
- Based on the product, the market has been segregated into Brazilian, Lampang, Malabar, Sarawak, Talamanca, Tellicherry and Vietnamese black pepper.
- On the basis of the source, the market has been bifurcated into organic and inorganic black pepper.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the form into ground, rough cracked and whole black pepper.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been divided into offline and online segments.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segmented into food and beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into Vietnam, Indonesia, India, Brazil, Malaysia and others.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined with some of the key players being Baria Pepper, McCormick, Everest Spices, Olam International Limited, British Pepper and Spice, Catch, MDH, Vietnam Spice Company, Agrifood Pacific, Webb James, Brazil Trade Business, Visimex, Indian Valley Foods Pvt. Ltd., DM AGRO and Pacific Production.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, and nanotechnology industries. We also provide cost model and manufacturing setup project reports through Syndicated Analytics, a subsidiary of IMARC Group.
Our offerings include comprehensive market intelligence in the form of research reports, production cost reports, feasibility studies, and consulting services. Our team, which includes experienced researchers and analysts from various industries, is dedicated to providing high-quality data and insights to our clientele, ranging from small and medium businesses to Fortune 1000 corporations.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800