According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Carrier Screening Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global carrier screening market reached a value of US$ 1.7 Billion in 2022. Carrier screening is a genetic test carried out to identify autosomal recessive genetic disorders in individuals. It involves testing samples of blood, saliva, or tissue inside the cheek to detect the presence of an abnormal gene or chromosome. Carrier screening is widely used by pregnant women and couples planning pregnancy to analyze the risks of inheriting genetic disorders from the parents. It identifies various diseases and conditions, such as cystic fibrosis, fragile X syndrome, sickle cell disease, spinal muscular atrophy, alpha thalassemia, and Tay-Sachs disease. Carrier screening provides actionable results quickly, evaluates highly prevalent conditions, and allows couples to consider pre-pregnancy reproductive options.
Global Carrier Screening Market Trends:
The rising prevalence of fetal chromosomal abnormalities is one of the primary factors driving the market growth. Carrier screening is extensively performed to identify autosomal recessive disorders in parents to evaluate the risk of genetic diseases in their children. In addition, the rising incidences of genetic disorders based on family history and certain ethnicities to determine the risk of wide-ranging diseases and provide personalized information to individuals is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the fueling awareness among the masses toward the benefits of early disease detection and diagnosis, such as improved chances of cure, is favoring the market growth. Additionally, the introduction of at-home testing kits that are more accessible, cost-effective, offer less invasive testing experience, and enhance comfort, is positively influencing the market growth. Moreover, the increasing demand for carrier screening, as it is a predictive and pre-symptomatic testing solution that also provides adequate prenatal and reproductive care, further helping in the proper management of heritable diseases, is providing an impetus to the market growth. Other factors, including the implementation of various government initiatives promoting large-scale carrier screening projects, increasing availability and affordability of the test, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities in biotechnology and bioinformatics, are anticipated to drive the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 3.1 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 10.6% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been divided into expanded carrier (customized and predesigned panel testing) and targeted disease carrier screening.
- Based on the medical condition, the market has been classified into pulmonary, hematological, neurological, and other conditions.
- On the basis of technology, the market has been categorized into DNA sequencing, polymerase chain reaction, microarrays, and others.
- Based on the end user, the market has been divided into hospitals and clinics, reference laboratories, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Fulgent Genetics, Gene By Gene Ltd. (MyDNA), Illumina Inc., Invitae Corporation, MedGenome Labs Ltd., Myriad Genetics Inc., Natera Inc., OPKO Health Inc., Quest Diagnostics, Sema4 and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Medical Condition, Technology, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Fulgent Genetics, Gene By Gene Ltd. (MyDNA), Illumina Inc., Invitae Corporation, MedGenome Labs Ltd., Myriad Genetics Inc., Natera Inc., OPKO Health Inc., Quest Diagnostics, Sema4 and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800