According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Compression Wear and Shapewear Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global compression wear and shapewear market reached a value of US$ 15.3 Billion in 2022. Compression wear and shapewear are tight-fitted apparels that apply pressure to specific body parts to maintain a particular posture. It includes undergarments, bottoms, sleeves, tops, socks, and stockings. Compression wear and shapewear are manufactured using various elastic, durable, and comfortable fabrics, such as nylon, spandex, polyester, elastin, silicon, and cotton. They are widely used for fitness training, playing sports, treating medical conditions, post-surgical recovery, and improving body aesthetics. Compression wear and shapewear help increase athletic performance, prevent injuries, stimulate blood circulation and oxygen delivery, stabilize muscles, and improve body balance. They also enhance the overall look, support abdominal muscles, prevent humpback, and alleviate pains in the lower back and lumbar area.
Global Compression Wear and Shapewear Market Trends:
The rising health consciousness among the masses, coupled with increasing participation in sports and allied activities, are among the key factors driving the market growth. Compression wear and shapewear are widely used by athletes and gym professionals for exercising, running, bodybuilding, and playing sports as they provide comfort, improve athletic performance, enhance joint awareness, reduce swelling and muscle oscillation, and decrease post-exercise soreness. Furthermore, the widespread product utilization to address the symptoms of various medical conditions, such as lymphedema, leg ulcers, varicose veins, lipoedema, hernias, diastasis recti, and pelvic girdle pain, is providing a considerable boost to the market growth. In addition, rising product demand for post-surgery and pregnancy recovery to reduce abdominal swelling and bruising, provide support, minimize complications, prevent bleeding, and promote healing are acting as another growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, the rising adoption of sustainable manufacturing and packaging solutions by producers that reduce carbon dioxide emissions, consume less water, and use renewable energy sources is positively influencing the market growth. Other factors, including easy product availability across various e-commerce platforms, rising expenditure capacities of consumers, and increasing product adoption by the geriatric population, are anticipated to drive the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 22.7 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.3% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been divided into compression wear (bottoms, tops, sleeves, and socks, stockings, and others) and shapewear.
- Based on the gender, the market has been bifurcated into male and female.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been classified into multi-retail stores, specialty retail stores, and online channels.
- Based on the application, the market has been bifurcated into performance and recovery and body shaping and lifestyle.
- On a regional basis, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being 2XU Pty Ltd, Adidas AG, Anita Dr.Helbig GmbH, EC3D Orthopaedic, Hanesbrands Inc. (Sara Lee Corporation), Nike Inc., Omtex Healthwear Pvt. Ltd., Orion Manufacturing Inc., Puma SE (Artemis S.A), Spanx Inc., Under Armour Inc., Wacoal America Inc and Zoot Sports Inc. (K2 Sports LLC).
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Gender, Distribution Channel, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||2XU Pty Ltd, Adidas AG, Anita Dr.Helbig GmbH, EC3D Orthopaedic, Hanesbrands Inc. (Sara Lee Corporation), Nike Inc., Omtex Healthwear Pvt. Ltd., Orion Manufacturing Inc., Puma SE (Artemis S.A), Spanx Inc., Under Armour Inc., Wacoal America Inc and Zoot Sports Inc. (K2 Sports LLC)
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800