According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Confectionery Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global confectionery market reached a value of US$ 177.7 Billion in 2021. Confectionery products refer to a wide range of foods that are rich in sugar and other artificial sweeteners. They are formulated using glucose syrups, aspartame, saccharin, corn syrup, milk products, and sucrose derivatives that act as thickeners, stabilizers, foaming, and gelling agents. These compounds are similar to sugar in terms of texture, taste, and interaction with ingredients. Confectionery products are usually low in micronutrients and high in calories. Some of the common products include cookies, chocolates, and bakery items.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Confectionery Market Trends:
Rapid urbanization and evolving consumer preferences, tastes, and eating habits are creating an escalating demand for ready-to-eat (RTE) products, which, in turn, is driving the global confectionery market growth. Manufacturers are focusing on expanding their product portfolios by including functional ingredients, organic fillings and exotic flavors, which is further contributing to the market growth. Additionally, sugar-free confectioneries are gaining popularity due to a rise in health concerns and the increasing prevalence of diabetes, obesity, and other lifestyle diseases. These contain natural sweeteners or sugar alcohols, which contain a low fat and cholesterol content. The introduction of clean-label products in gluten-free variants with no added preservatives and additives is also catalyzing the market growth. Other factors, such as advancements in ambient storage conditions and the advent of anti-microbial packaging solutions, along with increasing consumer expenditure capacities, especially in developing regions, are creating a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of
3.67% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the product type, the market has been divided into hard-boiled sweets, mints, gums and jellies, chocolate, caramels and toffees, medicated confectionery, fine bakery wares, and others.
- On the basis of the age group, the market has been segmented into children, adult, and geriatric.
- Based on the price point, the market has been segregated into economy, mid-range, and luxury.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been classified into supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, pharmaceutical and drug stores, online stores, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Chocoladefabriken Lindt & Sprüngli AG, Crown Confectionery, Ezaki Glico Co. Ltd., Ferrero International S.A., HARIBO GmbH & Co. KG, Mars Incorporated, Meiji Holdings Co. Ltd, Mondelez International Inc., Nestle S.A., Parle Products Pvt. Ltd, The Hershey Company and The Kraft Heinz Company.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal