The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Craniomaxillofacial (CMF) Devices Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global craniomaxillofacial (CMF) devices market size reached US$ 1.9 Billion in 2022. Craniomaxillofacial (CMF) devices comprise medical implants and equipment used during orthopedic surgeries to correct congenital and acquired conditions of the head and face. Some commonly used CMF devices include cranial flap fixtures, mid-face implant systems, bone-graft substitutes, screws, and bolts. They are manufactured using bioabsorbable polymers, ceramics, and metals, such as steel and titanium. These devices are widely employed to treat severe cranial and facial bone injuries, including CMF distraction, thoracic fixation, and temporomandibular joint replacement. Moreover, CMF devices find extensive applications in neurosurgery, plastic surgery, orthognathic, and dental surgeries.
Global Craniomaxillofacial (CMF) Devices Market Trends:
The surging cases of cranial fractures, facial deformities, and sports-related injuries represent the primary factor driving the market growth. Besides this, the shifting consumer preferences toward minimally invasive surgeries (MIS) and the increasing consumer awareness regarding the available treatment options are other major growth-inducing factors. Additionally, since CMF devices facilitate faster recovery, require small incisions, and involve minimal complications post-surgery, they are extensively used to treat neuro-oncology, neurovascular, spinal, and trans-nasal skull-based injuries. In line with this, the growing usage of CMF implants in deep brain stimulation procedures to cover the skull after inserting the electrode has augmented the product demand. Furthermore, the leading manufacturers are utilizing computer-aided design (CAD) to introduce customized 3D printed implants that resemble the actual shape of a patient’s organs. Besides this, the launch of titanium cranial fixation systems with a lower risk of infection has accelerated the product adoption rate. Other factors, including the escalating demand for resorbable fixators and customized implants, aging population, rising incidences of road accidents, improving healthcare infrastructure, technological advancements, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities, are also providing positive thrust to the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is expected to reach US$ 3.0 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 7.6% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into cranial flap fixation systems, distraction systems, temporomandibular joint replacement systems, thoracic fixation systems, MF plate and screw fixation systems, bone-graft substitutes, and others.
- On the basis of the material type, the market has been divided into metals and alloys, bioabsorbable materials, ceramics, and others.
- The market has been classified based on the application into neurosurgery and ENT, orthognathic and dental surgery, plastic surgery, and others.
- Based on the fixator type, the market has been categorized into application site (internal and external fixators) and resorbability (resorbable and non-resorbable fixators).
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been segregated into hospitals and clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Integra Lifesciences Corporation, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies (JJMDC), KLS Martin Group, Medartis AG, Medtronic Inc., OsteoMed (Acumed LLC), Stryker Corporation, TMJ Concepts, and Zimmer Biomet Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Material Type, Application, Fixator Type, End-User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Integra Lifesciences Corporation, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies (JJMDC), KLS Martin, Medartis AG, Medtronic Inc., OsteoMed, Stryker Corporation, TMJ Concepts and Zimmer Biomet Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
Our offerings include comprehensive market intelligence in the form of research reports, production cost reports, feasibility studies, and consulting services. Our team, which includes experienced researchers and analysts from various industries, is dedicated to providing high-quality data and insights to our clientele, ranging from small and medium businesses to Fortune 1000 corporations.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800