According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Crude Tall Oil Derivative Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global crude tall oil derivative market size reached US$ 2.0 Billion in 2022. Crude tall oil derivative is a versatile group of products derived from crude tall oil, a byproduct obtained during the kraft pulping process in the paper and pulp industry. It is a complex mixture containing fatty acids, resin acids, and neutrals, making it a valuable resource for various industrial applications. The manufacturing process involves refining and fractionation to obtain specific derivatives with distinct properties suitable for different end-uses. Crude tall oil derivative finds extensive application as a key ingredient in manufacturing biofuels, adhesives, lubricants, and coatings, among others. Due to its renewable nature and eco-friendly attributes, the market for crude tall oil derivatives is witnessing significant growth, with industries recognizing its potential as a sustainable alternative to fossil-based products.
Global Crude Tall Oil Derivative Market Trends:
The global crude tall oil derivative market is experiencing substantial growth, primarily driven by the increasing emphasis on sustainability and environmental regulations, pushing industries to adopt eco-friendly solutions. Besides this, the renewable and biodegradable nature of crude tall oil derivatives makes it a preferred choice in bio-based products, thus creating a positive outlook for market expansion. Moreover, the rising need for biofuels as a sustainable energy source and the implementation of stringent emission norms by governments worldwide is propelling the adoption of crude tall oil derivatives in the biofuel production process. Concurrent with this, the expanding product application in the adhesives and coatings industry due to its ability to enhance performance while minimizing the environmental impact is contributing to the market's growth. In addition to this, the ongoing research and development (R&D) efforts in the field, aimed at optimizing the production process and exploring novel applications of crude tall oil derivatives, are aiding in market expansion. Furthermore, the versatility of crude tall oil derivative as a raw material in lubricant manufacturing is gaining traction due to its excellent lubricity and biodegradability, catering to the growing demand for eco-friendly lubricants in the automotive and industrial sectors, thereby providing lucrative opportunities for the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 2.5 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 4.4% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the fraction, the market is classified into tall oil fatty acid, distilled tall oil, tall oil rosin, tall oil pitch, and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into fuel and fuel additives, surfactant, mining and oilfield chemicals, coating and inks, rubber, and others.
- Based on the end user, the market is categorized into automotive, construction, speciality chemicals and petrochemicals, oil and gas, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Forchem Oyj (Respol Resinas S.A.), Ingevity Corporation, Kraton Corporation (DL Chemical Co. Ltd.), Les Dérives Résiniques Et Terpéniques (Firmenich International SA), Mercer International Inc., Neste Oyj, Pine Chemical Group Oy, Segezha Group, Silver Fern Chemical Inc., SunPine AB and Univar Solutions Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Fraction, Application, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Forchem Oyj (Respol Resinas S.A.), Ingevity Corporation, Kraton Corporation (DL Chemical Co. Ltd.), Les Dérives Résiniques Et Terpéniques (Firmenich International SA), Mercer International Inc., Neste Oyj, Pine Chemical Group Oy, Segezha Group, Silver Fern Chemical Inc., SunPine AB and Univar Solutions Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800