According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Dairy Packaging Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, the global dairy packaging market size reached US$ 22.42 Billion in 2021. Dairy packaging is widely used for offering protection against contamination and tampering of the packed product. Since dairy products are highly perishable in nature, these packaging solutions provide excellent barrier protection against chemical, distribution and biological damages so as to extend the shelf life of the dairy product and ensure that they reach the end users in optimal condition. Widely comprising glass bottles, PET bottles, polyethylene pouches, paperboard cartons, tetra packs and aluminum cans, these solutions also offer relevant and pertinent product information to the consumers, such as nutritional value, ingredient list, manufacturing date, expiry date and directions for usage. Apart from this, they can also be used as a marketing tool to promote the uptake of the packed product.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Dairy Packaging Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the increasing health consciousness among the masses. This has led them to incorporate protein-rich food products in their diets, thereby boosting the sales of dairy products across the globe. Coupled with the growing preference toward the consumption of fresh dairy products, this is creating a positive outlook for the market. The market is further driven by the numerous initiatives undertaken by the key players to introduce innovative product variants in the market. For instance, they are launching airtight packaging materials that are increasingly being used for the packaging of dairy products characterized by longer shelf life, such as ice creams and frozen desserts. They are also introducing eco-friendly packaging solutions in the market that are gaining widespread prominence among the masses on account of an enhanced focus on sustainable development. Numerous vendors have also launched completely recyclable paperboard containers for packing dairy products, which is acting as a major growth-inducing factor. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the easy availability of dairy products through organized retail channels and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players to improve production capabilities. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to reach a value of US$ 28.97 Billion by 2027.
- Based on the packaging material, the market has been divided into flexible plastic, rigid plastic, paper and paper board, glass, metal, and others. Amongst these, flexible plastic is the most preferred packaging material in the market.
- On the basis of the packaging type, the market has been bifurcated into single- and multi-pack, wherein single-pack exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the product type, liquid cartons account for the majority of the total market share. Other major segments include bottles and jars, pouches, cans, cups and tubes.
- On the basis of the application, milk represents the largest segment in the market. Other major segments include cheese, cream, butter and ghee, yogurt, and ice-cream.
- On the geographical front, North America holds the leading position in the market. Some of the other key regions include Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with the detailed profiles of the key operating in the market. Some of these players include Ball Corporation, Mondi plc, Bemis Company, Inc., Rexam, and RPC Group Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal