The latest report by IMARC, titled “Dairy Protein Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, finds that the global dairy protein market size has reached US$ 13.15 Billion in 2021. Dairy proteins refer to multipurpose and potential ingredients used for the production of a variety of food products. It possesses various beneficial functionalities and bioactivities in the processing of food products. They are largely employed as gelling agents, thickening agents, texture modifiers, foaming agents, and carriers in food preparations. They contain numerous properties, such as antithrombotic, immunomodulatory, and antimicrobial. They improve metabolic health by stimulating skeletal muscle formation while losing weight and reducing fat. They also prevent cancer by improving cellular levels of glutathione and promoting cell-mediated and hormonal immune responses. In recent years, dairy proteins have gained momentum due to their extensive employment in the food and beverage (F&B) industry, personal care and cosmetics, and nutraceutical industries as they improve glycemic control in diabetes, reduce insulin resistance, and enhance the osmotic pressure of blood.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations have been integrated into the report.
Global Dairy Protein Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the growing adoption of nutritious and healthy diets on account of the rising health awareness among individuals. Additionally, dairy proteins are majorly used in the production of protein supplements that aid in repairing damaged cells and improving the overall body growth, which is positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, there has been escalating demand for dairy protein due to the its growing utilization as a texture modifier, carrier, and thickening, gelling, and foaming agent in the food and beverage (F&B) industry. Moreover, the poor metabolic health of individuals across the globe has also encouraged them to consume milk to strengthen the bones of children around the world. Furthermore, extensive investments in research and development (R&D) activities to launch new variants of the products with enhanced properties, such as flavor, aroma, and performance, are creating lucrative growth opportunities. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 18.16 Billion in 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 5.30% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the type, the market has been divided into casein and derivatives, whey protein, and milk protein concentrate.
- On the basis of the form, the market has been bifurcated into solid and liquid.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into food and beverages, nutrition, personal care and cosmetics, feed, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Ace International LLP, AMCO Proteins, Arla Foods amba, Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited, Glanbia PLC, Grassland Dairy Products Inc., Groupe Lactalis, Idaho Milk Products, Kerry Group plc, Royal FrieslandCampina N.V., Saputo Inc., Schreiber Foods Inc., United Dairymen of Arizona, and Westland Milk Products (Yili Group).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal