According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Digestive Health Products Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026, the global digestive health products market size reached US$ 40.6 Billion in 2020. Digestive health products are consumed to improve the functioning of the digestive tract. They include fortified, functional and dietary supplements, such as probiotics, prebiotics, carotenoids, and enzymes, that are extracted from plant, animal or microorganism sources. Some of the other product variants include dairy and bakery items, cereals, and non-alcoholic beverages. Digestive health products are a rich source of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids that help maintain healthy acid levels in the stomach, facilitate optimum digestion of various nutrients, and prevent cardiovascular and oxidative damage-related diseases.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Digestive Health Products Market Trends:
The increasing prevalence of gastrointestinal diseases, malabsorption, bacterial overgrowth, and reduced food intake due to changing lifestyles and hectic working schedules are majorly driving the global digestive health products market growth. Additionally, the rising awareness regarding the health benefits of nutritional diets and digestive consumables has further escalated the product demand across the globe. Moreover, significant expansion in the nutraceutical industry and consistent research and development (R&D) activities for developing new product variants, such as non-alcoholic digestive health products in innovative flavors, are propelling the market growth. Apart from this, the adoption of aggressive promotional activities and easy product availability through online retail channels are creating a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 7.5% during 2021-2026.
- Based on the ingredient, the market has been divided into prebiotics, probiotics, enzymes, and others.
- On the basis of the form, the market has been segmented into capsules, tablets, powders, liquid, and others.
- Based on the product, the market has been segregated into dairy products, bakery products and cereals, non-alcoholic beverages, and others.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been classified into supermarkets and hypermarkets, pharmacies, online stores, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Abbott Laboratories, Arla Foods, BioGaia AB, Cargill Incorporated, Chr. Hansen Holding A/S, Deerland Probiotics & Enzymes Inc., General Mills Inc., Lallemand Inc, Mondelez International Inc., Nestlé S.A., Pepsico Inc. and Yakult Honsha Co. Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800