According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Digestive Health Products Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global digestive health products market reached a value of US$ 41.6 Billion in 2021. Digestive health products refer to products consumed to enhance the absorption and digestion of the nutrients in the body. They are widely used to improve the functioning of the digestive system and maintain proper stomach acid levels. They are a rich source of soluble and insoluble fiber, vitamins C, K, and A, and omega-3 and other fatty acids. Digestive health products consist of prebiotics, carotenoids, dairy, baked goods, and enzymes like amylases, lactase, lipase, pepsin, and peptides obtained from plant, animal, or microorganism sources. These products assist in preventing and treating diarrhea, reducing the risks of developing cardiovascular disease (CVDs), and protecting against the damage of chronic inflammation.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Digestive Health Products Market Trends:
The steadily rising geriatric population across the globe that is more prone to developing gastrointestinal diseases is creating a positive outlook for the market. Digestive health products are widely used for preventing digestion-related diseases, such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), inflammatory bowel disease, constipation, colic, and ulcerative colitis. In line with this, the increasing unhealthy food habits among the masses due to sedentary lifestyles and hectic schedules are augmenting the market growth. Apart from this, various product innovations, such as the launch of non-alcoholic digestive beverages in various flavor profiles that aid in rehydrating the body, improving cardiovascular health, and reducing anxiety and stress, are providing an impetus to the market growth. Additionally, the widespread adoption of prebiotics and enzymes in daily diets to minimize the development of harmful bacteria in the gut and enhance immunity is positively impacting the market growth. Other factors, including the easy product availability through online retail channels, rising consumer expenditure capacities on health and wellness goods and supplements, and the increasing demand for nutritional and fortifying food additives, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 66.6 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 8.1% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the ingredient, the market has been categorized into prebiotics, probiotics, enzymes, and others.
- Based on form, the market has been classified into capsules, tablets, powders, liquid, and others.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been categorized into dairy products, bakery products and cereals, non-alcoholic beverages, and others.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been classified into supermarkets and hypermarkets, pharmacies, online stores, and others.
- On the basis of region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined with some of the key players being Abbott Laboratories, Arla Foods, Biogaia AB, Cargill Incorporated, Chr. Hansen Holding A/S, Deerland Probiotics & Enzymes Inc., General Mills Inc., Lallemand Inc, Mondelez International Inc., Nestlé S.A., Pepsico Inc. and Yakult Honsha Co. Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800