The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Ecotourism Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global ecotourism market is expected to grow at a CAGR of
13.9% during 2023-2028. Ecotourism is a form of travel that aims to conserve the environment and sustain the well-being of local people. It involves traveling to a fragile, pristine, and relatively undisturbed natural area where the flora, fauna, and cultural heritage are the attraction centers. Ecotourism holidays are intended to have a lower impact than commercial mass tourism as it aims to ensure the protection of the local flora and fauna. In recent years, ecotourism has gained traction as it educates tourists and creates awareness about the social conditions while honoring the local culture, providing financial assistance, and promoting recycling and energy efficiency.
Global Ecotourism Market Trends:
The market is driven by the growing environmental consciousness and expanding tourism sector. The rising awareness regarding the adverse effects of tourism, such as soil erosion, increasing pollution levels, and loss of natural habitat, is escalating the demand for ecotourism. Besides this, with rapid urbanization and increasing disposable income levels, there has been a rise in immersive travel, solo trips, and outdoor recreational activities. In addition to this, the introduction of niche activities, such as bird watching, wildlife tourism, and coral reef explorations, is attracting many travelers, thus contributing to the market growth. Besides this, the market is also fueled by public-private partnerships in the form of subsidized airfares, improved transport capabilities and ease of access. Furthermore, key players are promoting ecotourism in natural, untainted, and pristine areas that facilitate the preservation of natural resources and accommodation of tourists without causing environmental damage.
- Based on the traveler type, the market has been segmented into solo and group.
- On the basis of the age group, the market has been classified into generations X, Y, and Z.
- The market has been categorized based on the sales channel into travel agents and direct.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Adventure Alternative Ltd, Aracari Travel, BCD Travel, Expedia Group Inc., FROSCH International Travel Inc., G Adventures, Intrepid Group Limited, Rickshaw Travel Group, Small World Journeys Pty Limited, Steppes Travel, and Undiscovered Mountains Limited.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800