According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Edible Cutlery Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global edible cutlery market size reached US$ 29.4 Million in 2021. Edible cutlery refers to tableware that serves as a sustainable alternative to plastic utensils. It is manufactured using various materials, such as rice, wheat, millet, oat, corn, barley, spices, and natural flavors. Edible cutlery includes spoons, chopsticks, stirrers, teacups, straws, forks, knives, bowls, and plates that can be eaten after consuming food or drinks. It is widely used in households, bakeries, restaurants, and during various events, such as dinner parties, weddings, anniversaries, and corporate events. As compared to plastic cutlery, edible cutlery is eco-friendly, biodegradable, reduces greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and is safe for animals, birds, and marine life. It is also cost-effective, available in several flavors, and offers high durability, strength, functionality, and nutritional content.
Edible Cutlery Market Trends:
The significant growth in the food and beverage (F&B) industry across the globe is one of the key factors creating a positive outlook for the market. Edible cutlery is widely used to consume various food and beverages, such as shakes, tea, coffee, noodles, and soup, to minimize the use of plastics and reduce food and packaging waste. The escalating product demand can also be attributed to the rising environmental concerns, since edible cutlery is biodegradable and produced from sustainable and eco-friendly manufacturing processes. Apart from this, shifting consumer inclination towards vegan, gluten-free, non-genetically modified organisms (GMO)-certified, and additive-free products are providing an impetus to the market growth. Additionally, the integration of highly efficient automatic machines in the manufacturing processes that are user-friendly, easy to operate, increase production rate, reduce manual labor, and minimize operating costs are positively influencing the market growth. Moreover, the introduction of new flavors, such as ginger-garlic, cinnamon, cumin, celery, black pepper, mint-ginger, carrot-beet, chocolate, and vanilla, is positively influencing the market growth. Other factors, including aggressive promotional campaigns by manufacturers through advertisements and social media, implementation of various government initiatives promoting sustainable products while minimizing plastic use, and the widespread product adoption by quick service restaurants (QSR) and cafes to reduce wastage and enhance cost-efficiency, are anticipated to drive the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 49.3 Million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 9.12% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been divided into spoon, fork, knife, spork, and others.
- Based on the raw material, the market has been classified into corn, wheat bran, rice bran, and others.
- On the basis of flavor, the market has been divided into plain, sweet, and spicy.
- Based on the application, the market has been bifurcated into household and commercial.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the market has been classified into supermarket and hypermarkets, specialty stores, online stores, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Biotrem Sp. z o.o., BrightVibes B.V., EdiblePRO, Edibles by Jack, Founcy, FRENVI, GreenHome, IPPINKA, KDD (India) Private Limited, KOOVEE, Mede Cutlery Company and Wisefood.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800