The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Edible Cutlery Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global edible cutlery market size reached US$ 29.4 Million in 2021. Edible cutlery is consumable tableware manufactured using various safe-to-eat raw materials such as corn, wheat bran, sorghum, and rice bran. It is a sustainable and eco-friendly alternative for plastic utensils, which take a lot of time to decompose and pollute the soil. In recent years, edible cutlery has gained traction as a sustainable solution that tackles the issue of recycling associated with plastic cutlery. Moreover, fresh edible cutlery is considered healthy due to the presence of essential nutrients, including fiber, protein, calcium, and iron.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Edible Cutlery Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the expanding food and beverage industry. Besides this, with the rising health consciousness and shifting preference toward vegan products, several quick-service restaurants (QSRs) and cafes are opting for edible cutleries. The growing awareness among individuals about the harmful effects of using plastics, which are non-biodegradable in nature, is also fueling the market growth. Furthermore, government bodies across various countries are focusing on minimizing the pollution levels caused by the excessive use of plastic, thereby positively influencing the market growth. They are also offering funds and tax benefits to vendors for reducing their carbon footprint. Moreover, the launch of sugar- and gluten-free variants by product manufacturers and the introduction of edible cutlery with natural and organic multigrain flours fortified with additional flavors and nutrients are creating a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.12% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product, the market has been segmented into spoon, fork, knife, spork, and others.
- On the basis of the raw material, the market has been classified into corn, wheat bran, rice bran, and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the flavor into plain, sweet, and spicy.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been bifurcated into household and commercial.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into supermarkets and hypermarkets, specialty stores, online stores, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Biotrem Sp. z o.o., BrightVibes B.V., EdiblePRO, Edibles by Jack, Founcy, FRENVI, GreenHome Group, IPPINKA, KDD (India) Private Limited, KOOVEE, Mede Cutlery Company, and Wisefood GmbH.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal