The latest report by IMARC, titled “Egg Packaging Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, finds that the global egg packaging market size has reached US$ 4.5 Billion by 2021. Egg packaging refers to the packaging devised for the safe storage and transportation of eggs from one place to another. The packaging consists of egg baskets, cartons, and filer trays produced using odorless and clean wheat chaff, rice husks, or chopped straws. It helps maintain the original quality of eggs by consuming the stress and shock during the transportation and preserves the eggs from bacteria, moisture, natural predators, and tainting. In recent years, egg packaging has gained momentum due to the growing awareness about the wholesome nutrition provided by eggs.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect effect of the associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Egg Packaging Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the expanding food and beverage (F&B) sector, along with the growing poultry industry. Additionally, the rising health consciousness among the masses has encouraged them to join aerobics centers, gyms, and other physical fitness centers, resulting in the increasing consumption of eggs. This, in turn, has escalated the need for effective packaging solutions to store and transport eggs. Other than this, the rising adoption of rye glass cartons as an alternative to plastics in the egg packaging market is positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, the increasing number of hotels, cafes, bakeries, and restaurants, along with the rising numbers of food vloggers trying out numerous egg-based dishes, are propelling the market growth. Moreover, leading packaging companies are investing in research and development (R&D) activities to launch environment-friendly substances to produce recyclable and green egg packaging solutions while minimizing carbon footprints. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 5.9 Billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 4.52% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product type, the market has been divided into cartons, trays, containers, and others. Currently, egg cartons are the most popular product type.
- On the basis of the material, the market has been segmented into moulded paper, polyethylene terephthalate, and polystyrene. At present, paper moulding holds the majority of the overall market share.
- Based on the application, retailing represents the largest application segment, followed by transportation and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Brodrene Hartmann A/S, CKF Inc., Celluloses De La Loire, Dynamic Fibre Moulding (Pty) Ltd., Dispak Limited, Huhtamaki Oyj, Mauser Packaging Solutions, Ovotherm International Handels GmbH, Pactiv LLC (Reynolds Group Holdings Ltd.), Sanovo Technology Group, and Sonoco Products Company.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800