According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Electric Toothbrush Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global electric toothbrush market grew at a CAGR of around 7% during 2014-2019. An electric toothbrush refers to a device with advanced features that is used to clean the teeth and improve the overall brushing experience of the users. This type of toothbrushes employs a motor for oscillating or rotating the bristles that make rapid and automatic motions to clean the teeth effectively while removing plaque from the surface. It also consists of a pressure sensor that prevents the user from brushing their teeth too aggressively and ensuring that the brushing technique does not damage the gums and tooth enamel. Some of the other innovative features offered by the device include timers, digital reminder systems, ultrasound indicators and multiple brushing modes. Consequently, it is much convenient to use when compared to a manual toothbrush, which is contributing to its widespread preference.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Electric Toothbrush Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing prevalence of oral diseases among the masses, along with the widespread awareness regarding maintaining oral hygiene. Shifting lifestyle patterns and escalating consumption of alcohol, tobacco and foods rich in sugar content has resulted in the rise of various dental ailments. This has led individuals across the globe to adopt proper oral care routines, thereby facilitating the uptake of efficient electric toothbrushes. This is further facilitated by the numerous initiatives undertaken by various government and non-government entities to spread awareness regarding the importance of maintaining oral hygiene, especially among children. These awareness campaigns are also being held under certain national public health initiatives to expand the reach and enhance the impact of these oral health programs. The market is further driven by the introduction of several innovative product variants in the market. For instance, electric toothbrushes with silicon-based soft bristles are widely gaining prominence among the masses as their usage does not cause irritation to the sensitive areas of oral cavities. Numerous players have also launched smart toothbrushes in the market that offer Bluetooth connectivity and real-time data transfer to smartphones for constant monitoring. This, coupled with the launch of products that cater to the specific requirements of the users, such as teeth whitening, is expected to create a positive outlook for the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the inflating disposable incomes of the masses, continuous product innovations by players and the increasing product availability through proliferating online retail portals. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to witness moderate growth during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the technology, the market has been bifurcated into rotational and vibrational.
- Based on the bristle type, the market has been divided into soft bristles and nanometer bristles.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been classified into online and offline.
- Based on the end user, the market has been categorized into adults and children.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Church & Dwight Co. Inc., Colgate-Palmolive Company, Conair Corporation, Den-Mat Holdings, LLC, High Ridge Brands, LLC., FOREO, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Lion Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Shenzhen Risun Technology Co. Ltd., SONIC Chic and Procter & Gamble Company.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal