According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Electric Vehicle Fluids Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global electric vehicle fluids market size reached US$ 1.2 Billion in 2022. Electrical vehicle (EV) fluids are used in EVs to support their efficient and optimal operation. They include coolant that regulates the temperature of the battery pack and power electronics and maintains the ideal temperature range. They also involve thermal management fluid, which helps maintain the temperature of the electric motor, enabling efficient power generation. They find extensive applications in cooling, lubrication, and overall performance optimization of automobiles. Besides this, as they help ensure the longevity and reliability of electrical components and enhance the efficiency and performance of electric vehicles, the demand for EV fluids is rising across the globe.
Global Electric Vehicle Fluids Market Trends:
The increasing adoption of EVs to minimize harmful greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and air pollution levels represents one of the key factors positively influencing the market. Additionally, the global shift towards sustainable and eco-friendly transportation solutions is catalyzing the demand for EV fluids to produce coolants for battery packs. This is offering lucrative opportunities to EV fluid manufacturers and suppliers. Moreover, the rising focus of leading market players on developing fluids that offer superior performance, higher thermal stability, low environmental impact, reduced volatility, improved biodegradability, and increased compatibility is favoring the market growth. Additionally, the rapid development of EV infrastructure and the expansion of charging networks are offering a favorable market outlook. Furthermore, stringent regulations and standards imposed by governing authorities of various countries to control waste generation and minimize harmful emissions are driving the demand for eco-friendly electrical vehicle fluids. Apart from this, several leading players are investing in research and development (R&D) activities to introduce EV fluids that provide higher performance. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 5.8 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 26.70% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into engine oil, coolants, transmission fluids, greases, and others. Coolants currently represents the largest market share.
- On the basis of the vehicle type, the market has been segregated into passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, and others. Passenger vehicles hold the biggest share of the market.
- Based on the EV type, BEV accounts for the majority of the market share, followed by PHEV.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, OEMs exhibit a clear dominance in the market, followed by the aftermarket.
- Region-wise, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being BP p.l.c., ENEOS Corporation (ENEOS Holdings Inc.), Exxon Mobil Corporation, Fuchs Petrolub SE, Gulf Oil International Ltd, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation), Idemitsu Kosan Co. Ltd., Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS), Repsol S.A., Shell plc, TotalEnergies SE, and Valvoline Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Product Types Covered
||Engine Oil, Coolants, Transmission Fluids, Greases, Others
|Vehicle Types Covered
||Passenger Vehicle, Commercial Vehicle, and Others
|EV Types Covered
|Distribution Channels Covered
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||BP p.l.c., ENEOS Corporation (ENEOS Holdings Inc.), Exxon Mobil Corporation, Fuchs Petrolub SE, Gulf Oil International Ltd, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation), Idemitsu Kosan Co. Ltd., Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS), Repsol S.A., Shell plc, TotalEnergies SE, Valvoline Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800