According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM) Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028”, the global ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM) market size reached US$ 4.8 Billion in 2022. Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM) is a type of synthetic monomer with a saturated polyethylene chain. This synthetic rubber is a copolymer of ethylene, propylene, and diene monomers that is manufactured through suspension polymerization, solution polymerization, or gas-phase polymerization. In addition to being fireproof, EPDM is also compatible with alkalis, water, and ketones. As an insulation material, it exhibits exceptional resistance to heat, electricity, steam, ozone, and the effects of the weather. This material offers excellent noise reduction properties and bonds rapidly with metal, ensuring that it offers a robust barrier against weather and environmental conditions as well as road surface vibrations and engine noise. As a result, it finds extensive applications in the manufacturing of belts, window and door seals, tubing, roofing membrane, non-slip coatings, radiator, drain tubes, and trunk seals.
Global Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM) Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by considerable growth in the automobile industry. This can be attributed to the escalating demand for aesthetically enhanced auto parts and components, along with the rising automobile sales. In addition to this, the rapid product utilization in the manufacturing of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) devices is positively impacting the market. Additionally, the augmenting adoption of EPDM for improved roofing solutions in the construction sector, along with the increasing construction activities across the globe, is providing an impetus to the market. Continual product innovations, such as the emergence of bio-based EPDM offering temperature flexibility, better metal adhesion and oil resistance, are further creating a positive market outlook. Moreover, the rise in the prices of natural rubber resulting in a paradigm shift in consumers’ focus toward switching to synthetic rubbers, such as EPDM, is, in turn, fueling the growth of the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include rapid industrialization, inflating disposable income levels, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, and the growing adoption of EPDM in mechanical applications. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 6.4 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.5% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the manufacturing process, the market has been segmented into solution polymerization process, slurry and suspension process, and gas-phase polymerization process.
- On the basis of the sales channel, the market has been divided into direct sales and indirect sales.
- Based on the application, the market has been categorized into automotive, building and construction, manufacturing, electrical and electronics, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Arlanxeo, Carlisle Companies Incorporated, Dow Inc., Exxon Mobil Corporation, Firestone Building Products (Holcim Group), Jilin Xingyun Chemical Co. Ltd., Johns Manville (Berkshire Hathaway Inc.), Kumho Polychem (Kumho Petrochemical Co. Ltd), Lion Elastomers, Mitsui Chemicals Inc., and West American Rubber Company LLC.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Manufacturing Process, Sales Channel, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Arlanxeo, Carlisle Companies Incorporated, Dow Inc., Exxon Mobil Corporation, Firestone Building Products (Holcim Group), Jilin Xingyun Chemical Co. Ltd., Johns Manville (Berkshire Hathaway Inc.), Kumho Polychem (Kumho Petrochemical Co. Ltd), Lion Elastomers, Mitsui Chemicals Inc. and West American Rubber Company LLC.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800