The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Fat Replacers Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, finds that the global fat replacers market size has reached US$ 2.8 Billion in 2021. Fat replacers, also known as fat substitutes, refer to substances that contain fewer calories; however offer similar texture, flavor, and mouth feel to high-fat foods. They are made from starchy foods, including cereals, corn, and grains, or by modifying whey from milk or egg white, or replacing triglycerides in vegetable oils. Some commonly available fat replacers include protein, carbohydrate, and lipid-based replacers. They are used in a wide range of products, such as processed meats, cheese, frozen desserts, sour cream, baked goods, gravies, yogurt, margarine, sauces, salad dressing, snack chips, and numerous ready-to-eat (RTE) items. In recent years, fat replacers have gained traction due to the rising focus of individuals on weight-loss strategies.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Fat Replacers Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the rising health concerns and changing dietary patterns of the masses. Additionally, fat replacers provide a safe and reliable means of maintaining the palatability of food while controlling the calorie count and maintaining and losing weight. This is creating a positive market outlook across the globe. Besides this, fat replacers and a healthy lifestyle assist individuals in preventing obesity and its complications. They also help in decrease hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c), lower lipid levels and systolic blood pressure, and minimize the risk of cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) and type 2 diabetes, thus catalyzing the market growth. In addition, they increase high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels and enhance glucose tolerance. Furthermore, the demand for fat substitutes has escalated due to the increasing awareness about the benefits of fat replacers. Moreover, key players are focusing on the development of fat replacers that are produced from organic ingredients. On account of these factors, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 3.6 Billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 4% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the type, the market has been divided into carbohydrate, protein, lipid, and others.
- On the basis of the source, the market has been bifurcated into plant and animal.
- Based on the form, the market has been segmented into liquid and powder.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into processed meat, bakery and confectionary, beverages, and convenience food.
- Region-wise, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, along with some key players being Archer-Daniels-Midland Company, Ashland, Inc., Cargill Incorporated, Corbion N.V., CP Kelco U.S. Inc. (J, M, Huber Corporation), DuPont de Nemours Inc., Fiberstar Inc., Ingredion Incorporated, Kerry Group plc, Koninklijke DSM N.V., Tate & Lyle PLC, and Ulrick and Short.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal