According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global field programmable gate array (FPGA) market size reached US$ 11.4 Billion in 2022. Field programmable gate array (FPGA) refers to a reconfigurable integrated circuit (IC) built around a matrix of configurable logic blocks (CLBs) linked through programmable interconnects. It is flexible, and efficient, and offers a low-cost platform for testing multiple design options. It also needs less power than a microprocessor, incurs low non-recurrent engineering (NRE) costs, and requires less development time. It can perform various tasks as compared to application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs) that cannot be modified once manufactured. At present, FPGA is employed in telecommunication, consumer electronics, automotive, industrial, military, and aerospace industries across the globe.
Global Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) Market Trends:
FPGAs are gaining popularity as a power-efficient solution in numerous high-performance computing applications, such as data centers and supercomputers, wherein they are utilized to implement custom hardware accelerators to speed up specific tasks. Moreover, the escalating demand for FPGAs to address the rising need for higher bandwidth and reduced power consumption represents one of the key factors positively influencing the market across the globe. Apart from this, the growing complexity of AI algorithms and the internet of things (IoT) are catalyzing the demand for FPGAs on account of their high flexibility, continuous and parallel computing, improved performance, and low power consumption, which is bolstering the growth of the market. Additionally, inflating disposable incomes and the increasing adoption of autonomous vehicles equipped with FPGAs, such as driver assistance systems, in-vehicle infotainment, advanced sensors, and domain controllers are offering lucrative growth opportunities to key market players operating worldwide. Furthermore, the increasing demand for wireless devices and the implementation of FPGAs in wireless radio applications are stimulating the growth of the market around the world. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 19.7 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 8.8% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the architecture, the market has been segmented into SRAM-based FPGA, anti-fuse based FPGA, and flash-based FPGA. At present, SRAM-based FPGA holds the largest market share.
- On the basis of configuration, the market has been classified into low-range FPGA, mid-range FPGA, and high-range FPGA. Presently, low-range FPGA dominates the market.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been categorized into IT and telecommunication, consumer electronics, automotive, industrial, military and aerospace, and others. IT and telecommunication exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others) enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Achronix Semiconductor, Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (Infineon Technologies AG), Efinix Inc., EnSilica Limited, Flex Logix Technologies Inc., Gidel Inc., Intel Corporation, Lattice Semiconductor Corporation, Microsemi Corporation (Microchip Technology Inc.), Quicklogic Corporation, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, and Xilinx Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Architecture, Configuration, End Use Industry, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Achronix Semiconductor, Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (Infineon Technologies AG), Efinix Inc., EnSilica Limited, Flex Logix Technologies Inc., Gidel Inc., Intel Corporation, Lattice Semiconductor Corporation, Microsemi Corporation (Microchip Technology Inc.), Quicklogic Corporation, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company and Xilinx Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800