The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Flip Chip Technology Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global flip chip technology market size reached US$ 27.55 Billion in 2021. Flip chip technology refers to a semiconductor packaging technique used to interconnect dies such as semiconductor devices, integrated circuit (IC) chips, integrated passive devices, and microelectromechanical systems (MEMS). It involves flipping over the active area of the chip so that it faces the substrate. It is a controlled collapse chip connection (C4)-based solution that utilizes solder bumps or balls to establish the electrical connection between the substrate and the chip. Compared to the traditional wire bonding method, it consumes less space, improves the efficiency of ultrasonic and microwave operations, and facilitates a larger number of interconnects with shorter distances. As a result, flip chip technology finds extensive applications in the assembly of laptops, desktops, gaming devices, central processing units (CPUs), and chipsets.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Flip Chip Technology Market Trends:
The widespread adoption of flip chip technology in consumer electronics and robotic solutions for device miniaturization, improved electrical efficiency, and minimal power consumption represents the primary factor driving the market. Additionally, the escalating demand for multifunctional devices from various sectors, including telecommunications, automotive, medical, and military, is another major growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, the rising usage of flip chip technology for embedding sensors and processors in gaming consoles and graphic cards for enhanced data transmission has augmented the product demand. Furthermore, the increasing demand for ultrasonic frequency operations, high-frequency microwaves, and high-speed portable devices have accelerated the adoption of flip chip technology. Besides this, several key players are heavily investing in research and development (R&D) activities to cater to newer, advanced technologies, such as 5G telecommunication and high-performance data centers, which is contributing to the market growth. Other factors, including the integration of connected devices with the Internet of Things (IoT), the surging need for circuit miniaturization in microelectronic devices, emerging real-world gaming trends, and technological advancements, are also creating a favorable market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 39.67 Billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 6.4% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product, the market has been segregated into memory, CMOS image sensor, LED, CPU, RF, analog, mixed signal, and power IC, GPU, and SOC.
- On the basis of packaging technology, the market has been categorized into 3D IC, 2.5D IC, and 2D IC.
- The market has been divided based on bumping technology into copper pillar, solder bumping, gold bumping, and others.
- Based on the industry vertical, the market has been classified into electronics, healthcare, automotive and transport, IT and telecommunication, aerospace and defense, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being 3M Company, Amkor Technology Inc., ASE Group, Fujitsu Limited, Intel Corporation, Jiangsu Changdian Technology Co. Ltd., Powertech Technology Inc., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited, Texas Instruments Incorporated, and United Microelectronics Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800