According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Food Colors Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global food colors market size reached US$ 4.7 Billion in 2022. Food color refers to a range of dyes and pigmented substances that are added to various edible commodities or beverages to change their tint and appearance. It is usually formulated from diverse synthetic and organic raw materials, including plants, animals, vegetables, and spices. Furthermore, it can be derived through various physical or chemical methods, which allow the selective extraction of pigments relative to nutritive or aromatic constituents. Food color is cost-effective and its natural product variants are enriched with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory properties. Apart from this, it enhances the visual appeal of the item, makes it easy for consumers to identify desired products, and influences an individual’s appetite. As a result, food color finds extensive applications in meat products, beverages, dairy, bakery & confectionery, processed food & vegetables, and oils & fats to improve their appearance and flavor. Currently, food colors are commercially available in powdered, liquid, and granulated forms, which dissolve in water or other fluids during food processing.
Global Food Colors Market Trends:
The growing consumption of ready-to-eat (RTE) snacks, carbonated beverages, processed dairy, and convenience edible products has facilitated the widespread adoption of food colors across the food and beverage (F&B) sector, which is driving the market growth. Additionally, the large-scale usage of lake food colors with different flavors, such as mango, orange, strawberry, lemon, and mint, in the pharmaceutical industry for manufacturing tablets, mouthwash, gels, syrups, and drugs to add a distinct taste and smell, is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Moreover, the rising popularity of organic coloring agents, due to the increasing consumer awareness regarding the adverse effects of consuming synthetically dyed and commercially grown product variants, is favoring the market growth. Furthermore, shifting consumer preference from chemical or synthetic materials to plant-derived all-natural and non-genetically modified (non-GMO) products has prompted manufacturers to produce clean-label food colors, which, in turn, is impelling the market growth. In line with this, the escalating product accessibility across multiple distribution channels, such as e-commerce, hypermarkets, and supermarkets, is propelling the market growth. Besides this, the rising expenditure capacities of consumers on food and beverages and recent strategic collaborations among key players are positively stimulating the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 7.2 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 7% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into natural and artificial colors.
- On the basis of the form, the market is segregated into liquid, powder, and gel.
- Based on the solubility, the market is bifurcated into dyes and lakes.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been categorized into beverages, meat products, dairy products, bakery and confectionary, processed food and vegetables, oils and fats, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Archer-Daniels-Midland Company, AromataGroup SRL (Nactarome S.P.A.), BASF SE, Cargill Incorporated, Döhler, Givaudan, International Flavors & Fragrances Inc., Kalsec Inc., Koninklijke DSM N.V., LycoRed Ltd. (Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd.), San-Ei Gen F.F.I. Inc. and Sensient Technologies Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Form, Solubility, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Archer-Daniels-Midland Company, AromataGroup SRL (Nactarome S.P.A.), BASF SE, Cargill Incorporated, Döhler, Givaudan, International Flavors & Fragrances Inc., Kalsec Inc., Koninklijke DSM N.V., LycoRed Ltd. (Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd.), San-Ei Gen F.F.I. Inc. and Sensient Technologies Corporation.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800