According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Free-from Food Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global free-from food market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 7.63% during 2022-2027. Free-from foods refer to edibles that are devoid of gluten, allergen, lactose or genetically modified organism (GMO). These foods are specifically targeted toward consumers who are suffering from a specific intolerance or are prone to food allergies. These items come under the subset of clean-label edibles that consist of a vast array of foods, including meat, fruits, vegetables, cereals, pulses, spices, and dairy products. They are obtained under strict cultivation standards that allow them to be free from chemicals, hormones and antibiotics. These foods are widely gaining prominence across the globe as their consumption is widely associated with promoting overall wellbeing and good health.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Free-from Food Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising awareness regarding the prevalence of lactose-, celiac- and gluten-intolerance among the masses. Rapid urbanization and inflating disposable incomes of the masses have facilitated the sales of free-form foods across the globe. This is supported by the easy availability of such foods through online and offline retail channels that offer a multitude of product variants to the customers, with flexible payment options and attractive discounts and promotions. Moreover, the increasing incidences of lifestyle disorders, such as obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases, across the globe have provided a boost to the demand for healthy foods. Coupled with escalating concerns regarding the adverse effects of consuming foods with GMOs, preservatives and synthetic additives, this is providing a thrust to the market growth. The market is further driven by the widespread popularity of social media platforms among the younger population, which has encouraged players to heavily invest in celebrity endorsements for gluten-free, vegan and plant-based food products. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the escalating preference for superfoods with extended shelf life and high nutritional value and the extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by players to improve the palatability of free-from foods.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been divided into dairy-free, gluten-free, lactose-free and other foods.
- Based on the end product, the market has been classified into bakery & confectionary, dairy-free foods, snacks, beverages, and others.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been segmented into supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, online channels, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Alpro UK Limited, Conagra Brands, Inc., Danone SA, Doves Farm Food Limited, Dr. Schar AG/SpA, Ener-G Foods, Inc., General Mills, Inc., GreenSpace Brands, Inc., Hain Celestial Group Inc., and Mondelez International.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800