IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Ginger Market Report by Product Type (Fresh Ginger, Dried Ginger, Preserved Ginger, Ginger Oil, and Others), Application (Food Industry, Pharmaceuticals Industry, Cosmetics Industry, and Others), Distribution Channel (Traditional Retail, Modern Retail Stores, and Others), and Region 2024-2032,” finds that the global ginger market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7% during 2024-2032. Ginger is a thick aromatic rhizome that belongs to the Zingiber genus of the Zingiberaceae family. It is native to the tropical regions of Asia, South America and Africa, and is primarily used as a spice and for medicinal purposes. It aids in controlling nausea and vomiting and is employed for treating osteoarthritis, diabetes, headaches and menstrual cramps in alternative medicine.
Global Ginger Market Trends:
The global ginger market is primarily driven by its growing applications in diverse industries. In the food and beverage industry, ginger is used as a flavoring agent in various food products and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Ginger has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, due to which it is also used in lozenges that assist in digestion and offer cough relief. In the cosmetics industry, ginger powder is employed in soaps and personal care products to add fragrance and provide a healthy glow to the skin. Besides this, the rising health-consciousness and awareness regarding the benefits of consuming ginger, including improving heart health, decreasing the risk of cardiovascular diseases and diabetes and maintaining sugar levels in the body, have resulted in a significant increase in its adoption in daily diets of individuals.
- Based on the product type, the market has been categorized into fresh ginger, dried ginger, preserved ginger, ginger oil and others. Amongst these, fresh ginger is the most popular product type.
- On the basis of the application, the food industry holds a clear dominance in the market. Other major application segments are the pharmaceuticals and cosmetics industries.
- The market has been divided based on the distribution channel into traditional, modern, and other retail stores.
- Region-wise, Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Indonesia, and others) represents the largest market. Other major regions are North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Archer-Daniel-Midland Company, Buderim Group Limited, Floracopeia Inc., Guangxi Yongjiang Food Industry Co., Ltd., Indian Organic Farmers Producer Company Limited (IOFPCL), Monterey Bay Spice Co., SA Rawther Spices (P) Ltd., Sino-Nature International Co. Ltd., Sun Impex International Foods LLC and The Ginger People Co.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal