According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled " Hair Scissors Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global hair scissors market reached a value of US$
76.2 Million in 2022. Hair scissors, or barber shears, refer to cross-bladed instruments that are specifically designed for cutting and trimming hair. They include two blades manufactured from stainless and carbon steel materials that are pivoted and screwed to ring-shaped handles. As a result, the sharp edges of blades work against each other. Hair scissors assist hairstylists in texturizing hair of various lengths, providing better cuts, and combining the layers. Apart from this, they are durable, cost-effective, efficient, and offer better precision, which further eliminates retrains and ensures smooth cuts, thereby providing a satisfactory hairdressing experience to consumers. At present, they are mainly available in short-bladed, left-handed, and swivel scissor variants.
Global Hair Scissors Market Trends:
The increasing consciousness amongst consumers regarding their physical appearance is primarily driving the hair scissors market growth. This, in turn, has facilitated the widespread product adoption across salon chains for grooming and trimming purposes, which is propelling the market growth. In line with this, inflating disposable incomes, growing western influence, and rapid urbanization, particularly in emerging economies, is further inflating the overall sales of hair scissors. Moreover, continuous product innovations, such as the introduction of swiveling thumb ring hair scissors that provide better firm grip, efficiency, and comfort to the hair stylists is acting another growth-inducing factor. Additionally, the strong presence of social media platforms, along with increasing celebrity influences on up-to-date and trending hairstyles is also contributing to the market growth. Apart from this, the deployment of innovative marketing strategies by manufacturers, including celebrity endorsements for attracting a broader consumer base, and the easy product availability across both the online and offline retail channels are creating a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$
96.5 Million by 2028, growing at a CAGR of
3.84% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product type, the market has been bifurcated into hair-cutting, hair-texturing and hair-thinning scissors.
- On the basis of the price, the market has been segregated into low, medium, and high.
- Based on the sales channel, the market has been bifurcated into offline and online.
- On the basis of end user, the market has been categorized into commercial and residential.
- On a regional basis, the market has been divided into North America (United States, and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, along with the profiles of the key players being Dragonfly Shears, Eversharp Pro Company, Excellent Shears Ltd, Hair Tools Limited, Hikari Corporation, Kai Corporation, Kamisori Inc., Kenchii Professional, Matteck Matsuzaki Co. Ltd, Mizutani Scissors, Saki Shears, Tokosha Co. Ltd. and United Salon Technologies GmbH (Certina Holding AG).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800