IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Hand Dryer Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global hand dryer market size reached US$ 792.1 Million in 2021. Hand dryers are electronic devices used for drying wet hands in public toilets, restrooms, and kitchens. They are widely available in different variants, such as push-button, high-speed, and automatic hand dryers. While some hand dryers are activated through buttons, some are sensor-based to detect hand movements and automatically blow out controlled air to dry wet hands. They assist in maintaining optimal levels of hygiene and cleanliness by eliminating the risk of cross-contamination and the spread of pathogens. Compared to the traditionally used paper towels, they are more cost-effective, eco-friendly, generate no waste, utilize fewer resources, and dry hands faster. As a result, hand dryers are gaining immense traction across the healthcare and hospitality industries.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Hand Dryer Market Trends:
The shifting preferences toward environment-friendly devices, such as hand dryers that facilitate paper and power saving, represent the primary factor driving the market growth. Moreover, the rising installation of hand dryers in public places, including airports, hotels, restaurants, hospitals, offices, and shopping malls, for maintaining hygiene and sanitation standards is another major growth-inducing factor. In addition, governments of various countries are taking favorable initiatives to promote the installation of hand dryers across the commercial sector to ensure consumer safety and upgrade the infrastructure. Along with this, the recent coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak has strengthened the need for automatic hand dryers as they offer contactless hand-drying and inhibit the spread of the virus. Furthermore, the leading players are launching innovative and more efficient product variants that enable the customization of air flow, sound level, and heating options without affecting the dryer performance. In line with this, the development of blade hand dryers for minimizing bacterial spread in the washroom has propelled the market growth. Other factors, including the rising consumer hygiene concerns, surging environmental consciousness, technological advancements, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities, are also providing a positive thrust to the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 1,546.8 Million by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 11.20% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the product, the market has been classified as hot and jet air.
- On the basis of the operation mode, the market has been bifurcated into push button and automatic hand dryers.
- The market has been categorized based on the mounting technique into surface and wall mounted.
- Based on the end user, the market has been segregated into hotel, hospitals and clinics, food processing and service industry, commercial complexes, office buildings, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being American Specialties Inc., Bobrick Washroom Equipment Inc., Dyson Limited, Euronics Industries Pvt Ltd, Excel Dryer Inc., Hokwang Industries Co. Ltd, Jaquar Group, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Palmer Fixture Company, Panasonic Corporation, Saniflow Hand Dryer Corporation, and World Dryer Corporation (Zurn Water Solutions Corporation).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal